Thoughts on the 2010 HSC 2u Maths paper (1 Viewer)

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Personally, I thought that this year's maths exam was harder than previous years. One of my friends who was beating me this year said that he lost 36 marks on the spot because he only got up to question 7 or something (he is a student that generally scores well in his 90s for maths).
Share your ideas on how you went in the exam :D

ibbi00

HSC
Was easy up until 2nd part of Q9. I lost some precious time on time payments question [get it? xD.] because of over thinking it but finally got it.

ministoj

HSC
Personally, I thought that this year's maths exam was harder than previous years. One of my friends who was beating me this year said that he lost 36 marks on the spot because he only got up to question 7 or something (he is a student that generally scores well in his 90s for maths).
Same happened to me , from the amount of marks i left the best i can get is like 75% or something :/

NewiJapper

HSC
This test really was a measure of a persons math ability in 2 Unit. I only left q10b) and some random parts throughout the test, and ultimately, around 15 marks max? Still though, some questions were extremely tougher than other years but for some reason I found Q5 and Q6 harder than Q7-9? :p I dunno, I think I was lucky in that I studied that kind of time payment LOL and the velocity graph stuff. Oh well..

muhahahahahaha

HSC
I agree...questions 5 and 6 were actually harder than 8 but io still found 5 and 6 pretty reasonable compared to question 7...question 7 was just hell...question 9 was actually quite simple...i wonder why question 9 was easier than previous years (to some extent). Question 10 was just FAIL :(
80+ for that exam hopefully, that was the only exam that i was not too confident with. The other exams were ok.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Nice questions. Should've seperated out the cohort nicely.

a037422944

HSC
Uni Grad
i thought it was a pretty standard test that reflected the past 15 years.. i fucked up a bit

ktmcallaghan

HSC
Re: Thoughts on the 2010 HSc 2U Mathematics

I thought the exam was really hard. Ran out of time and did not do Q8 or 10 so obviously was only getting marked out of 80%. However, exam mark came back as 88. Go figure. So all that 'there is no scaling up for the harder subjects' etc etc is all hot air. I'm glad they did though!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)