• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

thoughts? (1 Viewer)

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
whoa, the black headlights make the car look like an oversized bug, or some sort of an alien.

CieL

HSC
seremify007 said:
I never really pushed hard in a RWD but it feels really interesting being "pushed" from behind.
Heh.. I pushed the Falcon this arvo, 190kw right under my feet.. Didn't even 100% floor it but it went hard.. accelerates much more faster than my Euro.. The time it takes my Euro to get to 100, the Falcon gets to 130 - rolling start of course

Jiga

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/toyota-aurion.htm

Well there is a supercharged Aurion coming out, supposedly has 250kw+.... not bad!!!!!

And as for the understeer and losing it in FWD around corners, thats what stability control is for ;)

Also slightly off topic, saw the Ford Focus XR5 in the local newspaper today...... I recon its alrite. Produces 166kw 320Nm of torque!!! Has twin mufflers, 0-100km/h in 6.5 secs, fat 225 18inch tyres and unusally has a 5 cyclinder configuration.... all for $35k

Last edited by a moderator:
HSC
yeah, the XR5 looks pretty sweet
read a few reviews on it and it seems like a quality car, especially the value you get, say, compared to a golf gti.

ill be going for a test drive in one soon to do a hot hatch comparo with the golf/polo Gti, peugeot 206 gti 180

Jiga

Yeah. Seems like a very well rounded car as well. It must grip the road very well to, big tyres for a hatchback.

I like what one reviewer said:

"From where I sat, I could find very little wrong with the XR5, and for $36k? I'm seriously considering getting one myself. Not only does it look the part, with its aerodynamic roof spoiler, 18-inch wheels, full bodykit and split exhaust system, but the thing actually drives very nicely indeed"

Last edited by a moderator:

petar13

Tanzkommandant
HSC
N/A
It's because it has a quality Volvo engine. :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)