Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

P.T.F.E

HSC
Cl was reduced Ni was oxidised

BDW UNDERMYSKIN good work on Polytetrafluroethylene.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
danz90 said:
Well, I think so. I've read somewhere on this forum, I think cem said that, that she's come across a script where the student has answered/approached the question from a very different angle etc. and then the senior marker decided it was an A-range response.

So I think yeah, if your resonse is logical and valid, then you should be fine.

Then again, I agree the question was worded a little stupidly..
This makes me want to give you a big hug, probably a real one if I'm going to Pharm. Plus at least someone has agreed that the question sounds ambiguous. Woo hoo!

I'm leaving, guyz. See you all on 16th Dec. A big night until UAI is announced. :)

A new life, HERE I COME!!!

jcurry

HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
WTF??? Borrow one from a teacher/another student.
i only realised too late someone must of taken it out of my plastic bag thingamagib
and i didnt think of asking someone i was too busy stressing out over the fact there were soo many calculations

P.T.F.E

HSC
ur all lucky. ur finished ur HSC i'ved just started. accelerated chem tho. i worked sooo hard and hope i do well.

danz90

HSC
Undermyskin said:
This makes me want to give you a big hug, probably a real one if I'm going to Pharm. Plus at least someone has agreed that the question sounds ambiguous. Woo hoo!

I'm leaving, guyz. See you all on 16th Dec. A big night until UAI is announced. :)

A new life, HERE I COME!!!
Hopefully we will see each other in Pharm nxt year... :)

enjoy ur break..
we'll chat again around the results time ;)

Aaron.Judd

HSC
jcurry said:
i only realised too late someone must of taken it out of my plastic bag thingamagib
and i didnt think of asking someone i was too busy stressing out over the fact there were soo many calculations
Tell the examiners, they'd try to find you oen for sure.

Muchi

HSC
umm i got pretty much the same answers except i got petrol for highest energy? anyone on the same boat as me?

jcurry

HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
Tell the examiners, they'd try to find you oen for sure.

the funny thing is that thought never came to me once
i didnt think of asking to borrow one from somewhere it just didnt occur to me at the time

LatteJen

HSC
WTF! Calculations were sooo crap! Chem was meant to be my best subject and now i think its my worst. WHY OH WHY WERE THERE SO MANY CALCULATIONS!!!
That screwed me over so hard. Extended responses were fine but man... that felt like a maths paper

@who

HSC
Lol for the galvanic cell question i was just about to ask the teacher why wasnt "Pt" on the activity series but then i realised whilst Pt is the cathode, Cl is reduced instead and so the EMF was the absolute value of the oxidant plus the value of the reductant. Whoo

Rextu

HSC
I'll admit most of it was straightforward, but some of the questions were just weird: my chem teacher who'll be marking it next week said she had no idea what the wanted in the ethanol one.

Aaron.Judd

HSC
@who said:
Lol for the galvanic cell question i was just about to ask the teacher why wasnt "Pt" on the activity series but then i realised whilst Pt is the cathode, Cl is reduced instead and so the EMF was the absolute value of the oxidant plus the value of the reductant. Whoo
I was searching for pt on there as well. Then I realized it was an inert electrode and went on to do the question correctly.

tegzy26

HSC
i did exacaly the same thing, then i looked at what pt was realised it was platinum and realised it was inert... i wish we had the 2007 paper instead i would have done so much better

Aaron.Judd

HSC
I liked the 2008 paper better than the 07 paper. I screwed up all the ppm calculations in 07, sadly there wasn't any this year.

Propadanda

HSC
N/A
Lol yeah I spent so long looking for Pt on the table of potentials and when I couldn't find I just looked again and saw the Cl gas, and found that on the table and used it.

wLym

HSC
tegzy26 said:
i did exacaly the same thing, then i looked at what pt was realised it was platinum and realised it was inert... i wish we had the 2007 paper instead i would have done so much better
i thought i nutted it out and was like yay Pt doesnt go into solution so the reaction must be Ni(s) + 2K+ -> Ni2+ + 2K(s)...........and then i came out and im like oh my god what have i done lol. Chlorine is the bane of my existence...

Aaron.Judd

HSC
wLym said:
i thought i nutted it out and was like yay Pt doesnt go into solution so the reaction must be Ni(s) + 2K+ -> Ni2+ + 2K(s)...........and then i came out and im like oh my god what have i done lol. Chlorine is the bane of my existence...
Lol, thats what all my freinds done.

wLym

HSC
Propadanda said:
Lol yeah I spent so long looking for Pt on the table of potentials and when I couldn't find I just looked again and saw the Cl gas, and found that on the table and used it.
lucky duck x( WHy why didnt i think to look on the table and see the Cl reaction lol WHYYYYYYYY :vcross:

wLym

HSC
Aaron.Judd said:
Lol, thats what all my freinds done.
well if everybody in the state (except for the lucky ducks and or smart fuckers xD) did this then i guess im like phew

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)