Thoughts?? (1 Viewer)

tashisthebest

HSC
How did every1 else go?

i fell pretty good even thought i finished that exam in like 2 hr.

did any1 else see the mistake the Board of studies made.
when we had to name advantages and disadvantages of the 3 cables, they had a picture of shielded twisted pair but underneath it they asked to talk about shielded twisted pair.

barnsy

HSC
yeah, i thought it was an ok test. there wasn't as much calculation work as i thought, which was great for me!!!!
i also finished after 2 hours, couldn't think of anything else to write!!

hazza9

HSC
Yea wasn't hard wasn't easy

I also finished in about 2 hours i thought i must of missed something

HSC
How did every1 else go?

when we had to name advantages and disadvantages of the 3 cables, they had a picture of shielded twisted pair but underneath it they asked to talk about shielded twisted pair.

Far out. No i did not see that... I thought it was an unshielded... luckily I gave my advantages and disavdvantages about twisted pairs in general.

Though the test was pretty good... realise I made a few mistakes but apart from that think i did well... Hopefully 70+

fuller45

HSC
How did every1 else go?

wasnt it talking about an unsheilded twisted pair or something? thats what i talked about anyway lol

i think i went ok, hard to know whether u got the correct reasonings in many of the responses where you have to apply knowledge to an unknown thing though.

i screwed up the truss for sure, i never knew how to do horizontal forces and was praying it wouldnt be in there lol.

Anyone else find MC pretty hard?

tashisthebest

HSC
Anyone else find MC pretty hard?[/quote]

YES i was struggling through all of it, any1 wanna post their answers?
so i know how shit i went in it lol

nathan124

HSC
there was one question, involving stress that didnt give units for the area, i had to guess it was milimetres and the fact that the answer was in Kpa confirmed it, i tried meters first though and it failed

Bdogz

HSC
N/A
Im so confused about the 2nd MC lol was it 20kN? or 40 lol, anywayz this is wat i got :

C C B D C B D B D A

fuller45

HSC
Im so confused about the 2nd MC lol was it 20kN? or 40 lol, anywayz this is wat i got :

C C B D C B D B D A
lol i think it might have been 20 but i thought it would be too simple so i geussed 32 : |.

tashisthebest

HSC
what did every1 get for the when we had to find the load in the cable when they gave us the strain, youngs moduls and area. i got somthing like 17500KN n i was just like WTF?

mahdi

HSC
i got
1 c
2 c
3 a
4 d
5 d
6 b
7 d
8 b
9 c
10 a
I pretty much got the same as you, except:

For you 6 i got C, but im pretty sure you are right.
Question 9 is D, sorry man.
And question 8 i got B as well, but it was pretty much a guess.

How did everyone find the drawing questions ? And who could do that plane question where it gave you to Lift to Drag ratio ?

hazza9

HSC
Pretty sure the 2nd multi choice was 40kN because it was one wire not two, so u didn't have 2 divide it by two.

The drawings weren't too bad, at least i knew what they should look like even if i did stuff them up.

The only hard maths question was the one with the crane because i didn't study couples

As for the maths question (might have been the youngs modulus one) did everyone remember to convery 180mm^2 to m correctly - should have been 180x10^-6 not 180x10^-3 i believe. Please correct me if i'm wrong

Apart from a few questions which i wasn't ready for, it was a reasonable exam

Also what did people get for the ohms law q?

nathan124

HSC
I pretty much got the same as you, except:

For you 6 i got C, but im pretty sure you are right.
Question 9 is D, sorry man.
And question 8 i got B as well, but it was pretty much a guess.

How did everyone find the drawing questions ? And who could do that plane question where it gave you to Lift to Drag ratio ?
how come 9 is d? copper has a higher reduction potential, and will act as an anode

Wuthi

HSC
2nd one was C, 40N. Imagine a pulley system, where you are pulling on one string, and the lamp was on a pulley and the other end of the string attached to the wall. Both halves of the string are hanging vertically so the tension in the rope is directly supporting the load. The tension in the string would be half the load, in this case 20N.

Now our string is at 30°. We know the vertical component has to be half the load. Using
sin(x)=opp/hyp
sin(30)=20/h
h.sin(30)=20
h=20/sin(30)
h=40 N

Bdogz

HSC
N/A
Pretty sure the 2nd multi choice was 40kN because it was one wire not two, so u didn't have 2 divide it by two.

The drawings weren't too bad, at least i knew what they should look like even if i did stuff them up.

The only hard maths question was the one with the crane because i didn't study couples

As for the maths question (might have been the youngs modulus one) did everyone remember to convery 180mm^2 to m correctly - should have been 180x10^-6 not 180x10^-3 i believe. Please correct me if i'm wrong

Apart from a few questions which i wasn't ready for, it was a reasonable exam

Also what did people get for the ohms law q?
I got 300ohms for R

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)