Thoughts?? (1 Viewer)

00iCon

HSC
Diameter was 18mm i think by memory?
And yes True length WAS 8m..

Ohh and can someone post up both the correct answers for the drawings? :D

That is where i reckon i lost most my marks, the rest was relatively easy :)
i got those answers.
For the drawing, do you section the web? and how would the holes look then? I invented my own drawing standards back there.

madsam

God among men
HSC
I don't trust myself to do it properly, so here's the original with dimensions (excusing my very rough sketching):
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/3515/engistudies1.png
95% certain it's correct.

I'll add the other one in a minute.

Here's the other:
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/6900/engistudies2.png
I'm a bit unsure on this one, I think it might go the other way.

Remember first one was a full section from the front (everything goes horizontal with the base on the right), the second is pictorial from the direction of the arrow, no sizes were given, just copied what was there.
The second one, there is another two vertical lines tangential to the circle on the right drawing

you dont section webbing, nuts, bolts, washers, or half the shit in drawings, it makes it seem kind of unnecessary at times =\

megaman

HSC
i got those answers.
For the drawing, do you section the web? and how would the holes look then? I invented my own drawing standards back there.
No you dont section the web, not sure about the holes however but for the tiny ones you were supposed to use hidden detail. Hoping to get at least 3/5 for that drawing. and 3/4 for the other but im pretty sure they hammer them.

madsam

God among men
HSC
the first one said draw, so they'll chop your balls off for any wrong detail, but the second said sketch, so they'll be alot more lenient about sizes, shapes etc

00iCon

HSC
No you dont section the web, not sure about the holes however but for the tiny ones you were supposed to use hidden detail. Hoping to get at least 3/5 for that drawing. and 3/4 for the other but im pretty sure they hammer them.
OOOOH the holes are meant to be brought to the plane of sectioning! Not hidden detail, but ordinary holes as if you cut through them.
If webs are not secitoned, we leave it blank or not draw it at all?
AND the axle/rod, was it to be sectioned too? how do you section the theaded area?

madsam

God among men
HSC
You still draw them, you just dont section them, ie you should have had two triangles on your thing without sectioning lines in them

AndreRieu

HSC
I have to say that test pretty hard, lots of obscure stuff, think they tried to get away from the syllabus a much as they could like, PWM???? i go to selective and most of higher ranks thought it was pretty hard as well... can only wait now, and party

fuller45

HSC
the first one said draw, so they'll chop your balls off for any wrong detail, but the second said sketch, so they'll be alot more lenient about sizes, shapes etc
Actually it said something stupid like draw a sketch of this thing, so i think u will get away with a sketch. besides, the pictorials are usually the sketch ones.

madsam

God among men
HSC
yeah, but in this exam the pictorial wasn't just a "sketch" it was a 5 mark draw

Also, you know that multi choice question asking what is the AC equivilent to a DC wave, or whatever, yeah our teacher told us after the exam it was B, 0.707

mR sinister

HSC
yeah, but in this exam the pictorial wasn't just a "sketch" it was a 5 mark draw

Also, you know that multi choice question asking what is the AC equivilent to a DC wave, or whatever, yeah our teacher told us after the exam it was B, 0.707
Omgg, hectic got it right :D

i spent soo long on that 1 too, and then guessed it

fuller45

HSC
oh yeh i found my working for the diameter one, because i did it a second time at the end on my formula sheet. it definitely was 18mm, i made a stupid mistake by making 76.35kN into 763500N instead of 76350N which gives the incorrect 57mm. don't know what i was thinking doing that lol.

other random answers i have is 362kn for drag, 702 kn for something else and around 2 tonne for the weight on the other end of the crane,

sam64mcd

HSC
I thought it was an okay test, but I'm not expecting a band 6 or anything..
I finished with about half an hour to spare, just reading over my answers trying to work out if they were right or not.
Hated the MC and drawings, but for once I didn't mind the 'Historical and Societal Influences' part.
Can't wait to have my results back!

00iCon

HSC

:D zif u don't know AC peaks are 330V. we were told that in Engineering AND Physics(for no reason). then u divide 240 by 300...

My friend actually did it the other way. he went 240/0.707 for each and circled the one which made most sense... i.e. B

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)