• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Three 29 cap (1 Viewer)

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
What do you think of the three 29 dollar cap? Should I get the nokia 6288 or the other phone (forgot what the phone was though). Is it a good deal?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yep its a fantastic deal, although I'm now at the $69 cap (started on the $29)

MuffinMan

HSC
stazi said:
Yep its a fantastic deal, although I'm now at the $69 cap (started on the $29)
Awesome, although I think you should have started with the 69 cap? Like I mean, don't they give you something better than the 6288 if you sign up originally the 69 cap?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yeah they do, but i started out on prepaid about 2 years ago. About a year-and-a-half ago I went for the $29 cap using my existing phone ($5 cash back each month) - although I upgraded to $49 eventually. Last August after I lost my phone, and before I went overseas I went for the lowest cap I could that included a free phone so that I could use it in the US but not pay excessive costs.

When i came back I went back to $49 and having a girlfriend really paid its toll, as i realised i needed to go for the $69 (lol) cap. I still have 1.5 years left on my contract before I can get a new phone on that cap.

MuffinMan

HSC
stazi said:
Yeah they do, but i started out on prepaid about 2 years ago. About a year-and-a-half ago I went for the $29 cap using my existing phone ($5 cash back each month) - although I upgraded to $49 eventually. Last August after I lost my phone, and before I went overseas I went for the lowest cap I could that included a free phone so that I could use it in the US but not pay excessive costs.

When i came back I went back to $49 and having a girlfriend really paid its toll, as i realised i needed to go for the $69 (lol) cap. I still have 1.5 years left on my contract before I can get a new phone on that cap.
haha i probably should get the 69 cap too, since I never use my home phone anyway, its only for the dsl lol, but yeah we'll see how it goes, the 6288 isn't all that bad right?

HSC
it's alright as long as the phone they give you actually works (ie not the phone they gave me and refuse to fix)

Miss Al

HSC
N/A
I got the $29 cap a couple of weeks ago...i think i have gone way over already! when i go the the 'my account section' ive gone back to $1...anyone know what that means?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
That means your billing cycle has passed. You don't get a month from the date you join. There's 2 billing periods and you get allocated one furthest from your join date. You have the 24th, same as my gf.

MuffinMan

HSC
katietheskatie said:
it's alright as long as the phone they give you actually works (ie not the phone they gave me and refuse to fix)
which phone is that?
I'm thinking of the nokia 6288 as I only know how to use nokias :eek:
But what about number porting? Is it easy and stuff???

Edit: I'm gonna sign that thing tomorrow probably, I can't wait another week! :-/
Any last suggestions / tips would be appreciated :)

Edit: I'm getting the nokia n73!. Its apparently only 22 dollars upfront on a 29 dollar cap, seems to be a good deal :) 22+ 29 = 51, well I used to spend 49 a month before ditching voda

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)