Thursday "Common Existence" (1 Viewer)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
Wow. probably the best album ive heard in a long long time regardless of genre. They got the same producer who works with MGMT (Tim McIlrath) to master this one and even though i had my doubts about an indie producer the guy has done something amazing on this cd because my brain is melting out my ears from sheer happiness.

even though its heavier than the a city by the light divided it has a weird ethereal element to it that i really hope translates live, because last time i saw them they were the most amazingly intense band ive ever seen live

your thoughts?

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Completely agree
resuscitation of a dead man hooked me in right from the start

great album

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i cant believe it got such an epic wrap in drum media. that genre usually gets shit-canned regardless of the artist.

"you were the cancer" is the best track imo. such a rage filled catharsis

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Only seen them at a festival so far
They NEED to headline next time

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i saw them at the sideshow last year with saosin (spews) and the receiving end of sirens. probably the best gig ive ever seen :) they are headlining taste of chaos this year and im almost tempted to go sit through the other SHIT bands just to see thursday

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
i saw them at the sideshow last year with saosin (spews) and the receiving end of sirens. probably the best gig ive ever seen :)
Wouldve been incredible.
A festival set doesn't really suit a band like them imo

T- Rex

HSC
i really like thursday cause it means the weekend is just around the corner

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
i'll probably give it a listen, full collapse is a beyond epic album but the past two have been shit imo
hate you katie :(
city by the light divided was amazing, i had this argument with my friend who has cross out the eyes tattood on his back haha. he is upset that thursday are evolving and that every cd doesnt sound like full collapse and war all the time

GRX40
HSC
N/A
Isn't Tim McIlrath the lead singer from Rise Against? That aside, Thursday is a pretty darn awesome band!

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Wow. probably the best album ive heard in a long long time regardless of genre. They got the same producer who works with MGMT (Tim McIlrath) to master this one and even though i had my doubts about an indie producer the guy has done something amazing on this cd because my brain is melting out my ears from sheer happiness.

even though its heavier than the a city by the light divided it has a weird ethereal element to it that i really hope translates live, because last time i saw them they were the most amazingly intense band ive ever seen live

your thoughts?
I'm pretty sure you mean Dave Fridmann..

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
I'm pretty sure you mean Dave Fridmann..

oops yeh i mixed up the producer and one of the featured artists
McIlrath is guest vocals on "Resuscitation of a Dead Man"

considering how poisoned i was against this album before i even heard it (im probably the biggest mgmt electro indie pop hater ever) its a testament to the ability of thursday and Fridmann because this is probably the best album ive heard in years. i even have friends who hated the last few thursday albums who had written them off completely being very vocal about how good "common existence" is

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
well, he did produce all flaming lips albums bar one plus has worked with heaps of others like weezer and mogwai so it's not like he doesn't know what he is doing. mgmt will (hopefully) fade away pretty soon

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
agreed. and funnily enough i remember listening to a few songs on common existence and thinking they had a mogwai esque feel about them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)