• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Tim Buckley or Jeff Buckley (1 Viewer)

Which do you prefer

• Tim Buckley

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Jeff Buckley

Votes: 20 74.1%

• Total voters

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
I'll add to the plight that Grace is great, but one of the most overrated albums ever. I listened to Happy Sad by Tim a few days ago, and I like it a whole lot more than I do Grace

Last edited:

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
BlackDragon said:
i have no idea who they are, so i won't vote.
this is the second time i've seen you do this and it's rather frustrating. do you just randomly post in threads that have absolutely no relevance to you whatsoever for kicks, or just to actually waste everyone's time?

personally, i choose jeff but i'm yet to listen to a wide range of tim's work.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
lessthanthree said:
there shouldn't even be any competition.

tim buckley, by miles.
i was just about to say that... but for jeff
you are a weird guy

jooobl

crazy cat lady
HSC
I watched Nations favourite lyric last night on VH1 and they had heaps of great songs with classic lyrics , until it got to the top of the list when they played some shithouse song by jeff buckley at # 2 and I almost died at how crap it was. I had never heard it before but it was so shit and how the hell it got that high I will never know.

nwatts

HSC
grace is one of the few stupidly overrated albums that lives up to the expectations and praise.

jeff buckley snobbery seems really in fashion at the moment.

Aeon

HSC
Although i love Jeff, i've been listening to Tim Buckley alot more recently. My vote goes for Tim ^_^

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Pilgrim said:
You *pretend* to know everything about rap and you come into MY thread and say THIS?!?!?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jeff up by a fair bit. I wonder how many people who did vote for him actually gave Tim a fair go??

mallory123

HSC
runtlocks said:
You *pretend* to know everything about rap and you come into MY thread and say THIS?!?!?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jeff up by a fair bit. I wonder how many people who did vote for him actually gave Tim a fair go??
i know i did. i love both but find jeff had more variety and does more with his music. tims music is AMAZING but never really branched out.

mallory123

HSC
Ok my opinion. Well i see how people could think grace is the most overated album ever becaus truthfully it isnt totally grabbing the first time you hear it but as a huge jeff bukley fan i've listened to it alot. its like good wine. it just gets better with time. i think the reason people are so devided in their opinion on it is becaus either they are jeff fans from 1 or 2 songs and so give the album the time it needs to apreciate it. or they dont have the patience and just hate it instantly because there they were expecting this instant hit. then again maby its just not some people taste.
I think tim was amazing also (though i havnt heard all his stuff like i have jeffs). tim has a similar problem with popularity as jeff. his songs arnt gonna catch ur ear if uv never heard it before. its the sort of thing that you have to sit down and really listen to the feel of it not just the beat.
As for whos better? I think they were both VERY good but i prefer jeff. he had more varied songs and used his voive in such amazing ways. tims voice was just as good but he didnt experiment as much with it or with his music.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)