Time Management Methods? (1 Viewer)

Andi0390

HSC
What are everyones methods for time management and writing essays, or doing assessment close to the due date?

I've always tried to keep a diary but I always lose it or never update it.

My two best methods are a white board and library. I have a white board in my room basically solely for due dates being written in big letter. Occasionally I put my essay question up there too. Whenever I see it I know whats coming up and what I have to do.

My most recent discovery was the library. I always knew it was here, but I got to the point that I would just curl up on my bed and 'do' my assignments. They never got done, so I told myself I would go and sit in front of my computer everyday in the library until things were done. Now I treat the school day like a whole day. Like if I only have once class at 11am I come around 9am and don't leave until four or five, although last night I didn't leave until 11pm. I'm here now avoiding my work, but I still get lots more done.

When I write I also don't edit. I just type lots of bad grammar and non sense paragraphs. When I got back and edit I can really define it, but it helps to have a base. My friend has to edit everything as he writes though, so its different for each person.

Does anyone have any methods that could help people coming into their first assessment heavy times?

What works for you?

Uncle

Banned
HSC
I have an online Mohr's Circle assessment that has been released online recently. It is due in two weeks.
I will complete that tomorrow morning ASAP.

I have an Enigeering Design Report due which will consume a lot of my time, I will complete portions of the report as soon as I am free in my own time throughout the next fortnight as I have assessments in Linguistics, Mechanics of Solids and Engineering Mathematics.

If you have poor time management like those fools who tried to cram in the last minute to complete the online Shear Force & Bending Moment Diagram exercises online only to find out they didn't have Mozilla Firefox & Adobe Flash Player 10 you may lose marks just by being late.

HSC
My most recent discovery was the library. I always knew it was here, but I got to the point that I would just curl up on my bed and 'do' my assignments. They never got done, so I told myself I would go and sit in front of my computer everyday in the library until things were done. Now I treat the school day like a whole day. Like if I only have once class at 11am I come around 9am and don't leave until four or five, although last night I didn't leave until 11pm. I'm here now avoiding my work, but I still get lots more done.
I do so much more work in the library, yet I still haven't convinced myself to subscribe to this theory. I have three assignments due in the next week and a half (worth 25, 20 and 30%), so might have to spend some time in the library.
Its just so tempting though to go home after class...

Linear

HSC
I try and do most of my work on my laptop, which doesn't have any games and a crappy net connection when I'm at home. It tends to keep me away from distractions, plus I have more desk space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)