Time Management: Study Vs Homework (1 Viewer)

o.bi.sess

You feeling lucky, punk?
HSC
Studentleader said:
While my study skills suck majorly atm i do needa do that much.

I did 5 hrs of work from alternate books with all the required book work (about 8 hrs) and only got 45% in chem today :S
Maybe you should be looking at revamping the way you studying instead of how much you study. It doesn't matter how much you study if in the end, you're doing it wrong/it doesn't make the information stick.

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
Do homework for everything unless it's obviously a waste of time (never the case for me, maybe it's because my teachers are all really good).

hairspray

HSC
Who cares about homework ! It does not help you when it comes to exams. To expand on study times... you should wake up at normal times on the weekends and use all the time you've got to write notes.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
hairspray said:
Who cares about homework ! It does not help you when it comes to exams. To expand on study times... you should wake up at normal times on the weekends and use all the time you've got to write notes.
yes! finally someone who agrees with me.

Aplus Wez

TheCoolestGroupThatYouCouldEverHopeToJoin
HSC
Aplus said:
Well in my classes at the moment the only subjects where text books are used is Maths. We have text books for all subjects but we don't really need to bring them to class.
Hear Hear! My school is private and we barely use any text books, unless its maths or IPT. Our teachers teach well, but I doubt their truly showing how the work is done by teaching verbally I think my school needs to tighten down on more work done in class. I dont know this is just something I experience others may find verbal is better than worksheets extra papers to do.

Grandcell99

HSC
Studentleader said:
Alright, probally the only decent thing I have heard from various lectures/hand outs on year 12 is that study and homework are different things, and that study time doesn't equal homework time.

At the moment my only study is staying behind school for 2-3 hours with a group of 1-3 friends and looking over study guides, doing practise tests, completing some school work and writting notes.

Unfortuantley, this amount of study isn't sufficent for me (I think in HSC terms i'm doing 12 units [4 of maths, 2 chem, 2 physics, 2 english and 2 economics?]) so I need to do atleast like 30 mins of each a night (adding up to another 2 and a half hours.)

With 1 hr break for dinner, i'm up to around 8:00-9:00 PM now.

Now I have no time for homework?

How do you keep a study timetable with respect to homework?

(I am aiming for a UAI of 90-100)

EDIT: I just ordered my Dell XPS M1530 (Laptop) which i will have in a week, should help with study?
um didnt read wat u wrote but im sure it reads well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)