Time management (1 Viewer)

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Even though the teachers have given us something of a guide to due dates, how many of you have set up a specific timeline for EE2? In my case it's a short story (although this is relevant to everyone), and I've set myself the target of my first draft of 8000 words by April 1 so I can give a copy of it to my EE2 teacher just before the holidays and spend the 2 weeks getting feedback from people and stuff.

As for the research I'm totally stumped, I can't seem to set myself targets for research because I don't know exactly what (or how much) I'm looking for - if I read something interesting it leads me down another path until I'm looking for twelve different things at once.

Any suggestions? How far ahead is everyone? How are you guys planning to manage your time this year?

:D Cheers
Dani

HSC
N/A
A plan my teachers set was as follows:

easter holidays: Have a first full draft completed (fulfilling word count and working plotline)

mid-year holiday: Have first full reworking completed (polishing and actually making it something you can be proud of ;)

Hand-in date: (self-explainatory)

For now I wouldn't worry overmuch about research. Ultimately, it's only there to support your writing - how much you have to do will depend on what your story requires, or what you think you'd like to explore for the heck of it (assuming it will work its way into your story somehow). Be careful not to fall into the trap of doing all research and no writing!

Frodan

HSC
Hmmm... I know it was a matter of concern for me too...
:confused:

discussed with the teacher and she said not to fuss... am doing a film so should be up to filming soon.... Am just trying to refine and maybe change some parts of the screenplay.

Should be close to editing by mid-next term... am absolutely bad at time management, so self discipline is one of my goals for the year...

good luck...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)