Time Management (1 Viewer)

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Exactly how important is time management in the HSC MX2 exam? And for school assessment tasks, is time management just as important or can you generally slow down a bit to make sure you don't make silly mistakes, etc? I was wondering because we have quizzes every 2 weeks at school which I can finish with a lot of time to spare, but when I did a topic test at tutoring I was so used to my slow-ish pace that I couldn't answer 13 marks out of the 50, and the teacher said that's the amount of time management needed in the HSC.

Fus Ro Dah

HSC
It depends on the individual and their abilities and accuracy.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Having knowing what school you go to. Time management won't be an issue for assessment tasks for MX2. But for the trials definitely.

It all depends as Fus said. The best thing you can do is to practice papers under timed conditions. For the actual HSC it's quite important but that really depends what you are aiming for.

seanieg89

HSC
I think accuracy is more important than time management at this stage for you. Make sure you understand as much of the material as well as possible, and do questions slowly and carefully. Don't give up on a difficult question easily, bash your head against it for a bit...that is how progress is made.

Once you have a solid foundation you can start to optimise and think about things like exam strategy and time management. Speed and accuracy come quite naturally from repetition.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh yeah, I think I have a fairly good knowledge about Complex Numbers. The first major problem was understanding it, but once I understood it I realised another problem was time management. I've also got a large number of questions that I have to do, so hopefully that'll be of some help in the form of repetition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)