• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

time management (1 Viewer)

goburnacat

HSC
there are 14 days left in this christmas break, and i was just wondering if some of the past hsc people had any advice in terms of the body of work.

i have an idea of what im going to do, but i havent actually physically planned anything out. do you think i should start plannign everything out and working in my journal or actually going out and buying the materials to get something done before school starts?

Master Gopher

HSC
I did next to nothing all holidays :)() but have since been told by about 3 kids who got into Art Express that they didn't do anything either. Their secrets were diversity of media - show the markers you can do more than one thing - lots of experimenting, and showing that you have progressed and developed your concept.

smb69

HSC
Yeah time management is going to be an issue this year, our art teacher keeps telling us to start asap lol but i think as long as you have you're concept and your passionate about it time management shouldnt be hard

jessky

HSC
go burn a cat: your dilemma has brought about my first post...so here goes:

As with all major projects i'm sure, time management is important, but art is special (amongst other reasons) because your final work disregards all planning in terms of marking:
your finished product is all that counts.

The poor D&T kids, for example, don't have this option, so don't freak out too much.

From my experience, it's okay to start the actual proper making late (probably around about now, i think for me), as long as you have previously been thinking about your concept, OBSESSIVELY.

Get everything planned out in your head (and your VAPD, preferably) so you know exactly your concept, your goals, your audience, etc.

If you've chosen a relatively unknown medium requiring tons of experimentation however, disregard this advice! My BOW was graphic design which I was comfortable with and pretty speedy at, so i could afford to spend more time developing conceptually.

The main idea? Choose the medium you know you're great at. This will ensure the smoothest and fastest possible making experience. If you have confidence in the technical refinement of you future BOW, flair and originality will naturally shine through, and the markers will surely take note! There is no point feeling pressured to start making if your concept is underdeveloped.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)