Time on campus each week (1 Viewer)

annastar

HSC
Hey!

I live in Blacktown and use a wheelchair. It's going to be expensive to travel to and from Maq for classes, so before I apply for a transfer I thought I'd ask about the timetable. I'm hoping to enter into the B Business Admin/B Laws program.

How many days each week are you on campus (generally speaking)?

And (this seems random) if anyone travels on the 545 bus from Parra, have you ever noticed if the buses on that route have disabled access? I've tried contacting Sydney Buses, but they can't seem to give me much info.

Thanks!

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Some of them do, but the buses get REALLY crowded and rather unpleasant especially if you're catching them during peak hours (9am/6pm).

Macquarie is pretty good with accomodating those who need wheelchair access, and if you attend the Orientation week, someone can even take you around and sus it out with you so that you aren't too lost!

Generally speaking, for a BBA LLB, I'd assume you'd be there 5 days a week, but hopefully on that, the train will be open sometime soon so that might help you out :)

annastar

HSC
I've become a master of public transport, coming home from work in peak hours on trains. People are going to move... If they don't, I'll run them down! The situation's probably different on buses though, heh.

The train will be SOOO good!

Thank you heaps for your help.

CieL

HSC
annastar said:
And (this seems random) if anyone travels on the 545 bus from Parra, have you ever noticed if the buses on that route have disabled access? I've tried contacting Sydney Buses, but they can't seem to give me much info.

Thanks!
The internet is your best friend.
I just browsed the sydney buses website for you and found accessibility info:
http://www.sydneybuses.info/accessibility.php

There's a link to a downloadable PDF file.. I looked in it and yes, the 545 buses are wheelchair accessible.. I used to catch that bus every so often and they have that red rectangle near the door area which slides down right?

HSC
N/A
AsyLum said:
Some of them do, but the buses get REALLY crowded and rather unpleasant especially if you're catching them during peak hours (9am/6pm).

Macquarie is pretty good with accomodating those who need wheelchair access, and if you attend the Orientation week, someone can even take you around and sus it out with you so that you aren't too lost!

Generally speaking, for a BBA LLB, I'd assume you'd be there 5 days a week, but hopefully on that, the train will be open sometime soon so that might help you out :)
Even if annastar can't attend Orientation Day, we can arrange to have someone from the Transition Department (most likely me) or Equity Support (http://www.sss.mq.edu.au/equity/index.htm) to take you on a short tour of the campus and help you get settled in :)

Most of the building doors have buttons you push to make the doors open. There's also a number of ramps and lifts in most of the buildings.

X

xeuyrawp

Or ring me if I'm on campus!

If my past pushing-of-people-in-trollies experiences are anything to go by, you can expect speed, inaccurate steering, loud vrooming noises, and/or crashing.

Maybe it's better if you ring equity, and not get in a trolly. :(

K.

HSC
If you live in Blacktown wouldnt it be easier to catch the yellow buses 611/630? from blacktown station.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)