Time on each course (1 Viewer)

del

HSC
N/A
Our normal school timetable is four 75min periods a day, except on Monday where there is 5, with period 3 and 4 being 40 min each. Seeing that 3 and 4 is always the same subject, I have no idea why it couldn't just been a normal 4 period day.

Thursday's we finish early, as P4 is only 40 minutes long.

Oh and being seniors, if we're doing 12 units, we have minimum 2 period 0's a week. They start at 7.45am! So somedays I have five 75min lessons....

Whoever, said something about number of students and loss classes, yeah it works like that at our school too. If we go under 10 students we lose a timetabled lesson, though most teachers schedule an extra lesson to make up for it - it's just during lunch or something. Oh and we do Week A/Week B

SDD - 6
IPT - 15
ITV - 8
EES - 9
2U Maths - about 15 maybe
ADV Eng - in the whole grade maybe around 45

Last edited:
Y

yeh

we get zeroes too. they run everyday and start at 7:55am. but with the subjects i'm doing, i only get 3 a fortnight.

del

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by yeh
we get zeroes too. they run everyday and start at 7:55am. but with the subjects i'm doing, i only get 3 a fortnight.
you allowed to eat in your 0 classes?

fatmuscle

HSC
we were
it was Maccas breakfast each morning

but ours started at 7.30

Y

yeh

depends on the teacher. but we're allowed to come late! some don't even turn up and they don't get into trouble. i normally come 10-15 minutes late coz everyone else does. but with 4u, i try to make it on time since there's only two people in our class and the other guy always comes on time.

smegger_em

Clever Cookie
Melbourne, or as it shoulda, could, woulda been ca
HSC
I go to a senior school, just year 11 and 12 so they are really flexable with our timetable so we can fit all our ext classes in our timetable. Is anyone else like this? I dont think i could stand going to a school with little yr 9 people flirting and yr 7's throwing fruit etc

im jess

i go to an all girls school, and i HATE the younger years at my school... yeh 7 are all sweet and innocent at the start, but they are mostly bigger than me... hehe...... year 8 start getting all smart arsey..... year nine is THE worst year ever!!!! i hate them sooo much!!! they think they rule the school....... and this is the year that folders are thought to be "cool" so nearly everyone in year 9 has one, with just a sheet of paper in it ( you see the only thing that matters is that they have the folder) year 10 people start to get together and be friends, so they arnt too bad.... year 11 think the rule cause they have a new uniform and everything, and they actually have a purpose for their folders... and year 12.... well what can i say..... we are cool.... hahaha nah only kidding!!! :)

del

HSC
N/A
Haha.....yeah I go to a girls school too.....

do the year 9's at your school...walk round with their socks pulled high?

yeah at the start, year 7's are all nice and innocent....but by the end of the year....it's hard to imagine...how innocent they use to be

im jess

oh yep!!!
and its also the year where they get introudced to make up... but the thing is it looks like they out it on in the dark with no mirror
haha

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
oh yes yr9 girls....

in my case, their introduction to make up, sense of fashion and interpretation of the school uniform make them a prettier sight :p

HSC
Originally posted by sunny
We have 4 periods a day, 80 minutes each.

I feel sorry for the poor people that do Ext 2 English, on a bad day they have triple English going for them.

I do 12 units, but I still get frees, cause Ext 1 English runs after school every monday for 2 hours.

Trust me, its not a good way to spend a monday.
Sunny I don't want to get all pedantic, but our periods are actually 75 minutes long :) cos they included that 10 minute roll-call period a few years ago.

I do English Extension 2, you don't have to feel sorry for me, it's like my favourite subject. Over half the time you don't even have to go to class, so I usually get another free period :). And there's almost no work to speak of usually, except when there are assessments.

So even though I do 12 units, I still get 2 free periods a week (usually), cos I do English Extension 1 (like you) and English Extension 2. :D

And your right, I REALLY HATE MONDAYS...
But it's good on the first week back, cos we come to school on Tuesday. Hooray! No staying after school for 2 hours!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)