Time Pressure Essays.. (1 Viewer)

Megan5

HSC
40 minutes to write 2 coleridge poems, stimulus booklet text and two related texts.. How do I fit it all in!?? Any tips on the general things I should keep in the essay which are necessary and the things to cut??
My essay is currently a huge 8 page motheressay, each text analysed deeply, A - range essay.
But me actually writing 8 pages in 40 minutes is highly unlikely.
So I need to cut.

And if I cannot cut it down to say.. three pages, are there any tips out there on how to write it all out under time pressure in readable handwriting?
I vote that the english exams should be made three hours each.. Not two. An hour each essay.
That would be nice....

blind_cat

HSC
Firstly, don't write an essay, but rather notes, and as you revise your notes, see if you can string together a sentence. This is alot better as if you are one of those ppl who have trouble changing a pre-prepared essay to a question, you may plly you knowledge of the text(s) and suit them toward the question. Also, is time is lacking, you can cut excess bits you don't really need with each text rather than writing the whole pre-prepared essay and not also not answering the question. On the plus, the essay question is usu. very generic, but seeing your worry is about the lack of time, and with eight pages, it definately sounds like excess stuff you don't need. think to yourself:
do ALL my techniques answer the question. The markers not only want to see a sophisticated answer, but more importantly, how you can employ certain techniques to support your thesis/idea
Previous markers also noted that too many ppl prepare essays, believing that they can change it to suit the question, but seeing the essay question is usu. last and with time ticking down, the pressure consequenlty makes them write the essay straight out, without any REAL contemplation of what the apaper/ question is asking for.
GOOD LUCK...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)