Time/Space Conversion??? (1 Viewer)

allye02

Can someone please tell me wat Time/space conversion is?

FOund it in an exam and have no idea wat it is.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
r u sure ur in the right thread? This is geography! :) Maybe it refers to the time taken to travel a cetain distance? perhaps they are asking u to figure out the speed? its somewhat mathsy but thats the only thng i can think of that i have learnt and is related in some way to your question...i hope we dont find it in the HSC

Is it a multiple choice question? or a short answer?

zeek

HSC
I think time/space might be something that deals with physics, unless its a rate e.g. the time it takes for a forest to be cut down (in metres squared/second) to acres/minute.

allye02

No this is in a geography exam.
It is stuff about shrinking world and communications but i dont know what it is exactly.
It is a short answer question that asks for the relationship of global networks of world cities and uses the phrase time/space conversion????

allye02

It is the 2004 HSC exam- quetsion 17. My teacher said talk about Time /space conversions, whatever that is.
If i was answering this, i would rattle on about other stuff but he specifically said talk about time/space conversions. Thanks for that

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
There is two parts to Q17 in the 2004 HSC:
(a) Using examples from Source A, describe the role of world cities as centres of
economic authority. (i cant really answer this without seeing source A)
[Meant to show diagram but i cannot see it because of stupid copyright laws]
(b) Describe the relationship between the changes evident in the diagram and the
operation of the global networks of world cities.

Where does it mention Time/Space conversions? in the sources?

allye02

it is from Q17b) It is not in the question or the source, but it is in a written answer that our teacher gave us and he said the term was really important . Just have no idea wat it is. Dont worry about it, will ring the advise line later and find out if it exists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)