Time spent travelling to work (1 Viewer)

pottsy44

HSC
Ennaybur said:
2 hours?! how is that worth it?
like i said i slept lol, but it was hard bc i actually went from a bus to a train to another train (i attempted to sleep on all 3 lol). although i really should of done my uni work during this time, but i was only getting 5-6 hours of sleep a night so i had to make up for it lol.

HSC
N/A
I travel 1.5 - 2 hours one way for recreational activities (weekly basis), doing the same for work wouldn't be too much of a stretch for me. Then again I am insanely lucky and work is a 20min drive from where I am.

I think it really depends on how much you're willing to stretch. It took me a while to get used to long travel times, but I'm cool with it now... also think economically. Will you earn more money for doing the job that requires a lot of travel? Will it "just fit" into your timetable?

roadcone

HSC
i do crazy things on my cronulla to the city train ride. such crazy things include reading the paper, listening to my ipod, reading uni stuff and sleeping.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
During semester it takes 10 minutes by bus to get to work, from Usyd to Wynyard.
Holidays are annoying cos it takes an hour by train from Cabra, plus 30 minutes if i have to catch the bus to the station.
Meh, good time for sleep/reading/eating lunch. During semester, reading uni stuff is a good time burner.

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
I reckon if the pay is $23 an hour its worth travelling 1hour there and back. I would do it. Hell I'm going to be doing that for less soon (hopefully)

pottsy44

HSC
Gilbert1 said:
I reckon if the pay is $23 an hour its worth travelling 1hour there and back. I would do it. Hell I'm going to be doing that for less soon (hopefully)
no worries mate.

klh

HSC
i think for me this issue has passed, its just hte peak hour services are pissing me off now that all trains are packed like a sardine can....i go in the mornings at 7.35 and it sucsk having ot stand for an hour.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
45min each way via car. I'm just glad the company provides me a car and fuel card :D

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
because of the slightly shit-tastic bus services where i live, i really can't afford to work more than half an hour away from my house because buses seriously go there about once every 5 hours and don't run at all after 6pm. so like if i worked an hour away it would be a disaster getting home. i'd love to be able to work in kurrajong considering its like 10 minutes away from me (oh, awesome) but so far not much luck.

*sigh* i really hate buses. trains, ok. but buses :burn: ... they never come on time in the morning. ever. it says 8:30 on the timetable but i can rock up at 9 to catch it, confident that it wont be there yet. lol.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Well if it's a good job, the people treat you well, you enjoy the work, etc... then it's probably worth it even if it means you'll be spending more than you'd like on getting there.

I personally take about an hour each way EVERYDAY for work. On the flipside, my work is only a 20min busride from uni, so it's not like I'm wasting that much money since I'd still have to get to uni anyway.

HSC
bout a 10 min walk, or a 1 min car ride! YAY my work <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)