Time To Party - 12 April (1 Viewer)

Jonathan A

HSC
Hey Everyone,

The UWS Law Students' Association is organising a UWS-wide party at the Roxy - Parramatta on 12 April 2006 (next week). Starts at 8pm (Happy Hour). Night will include DJ. Entry is free! Come along and bring anyone. No matter what degree you are doing, the party is for all. We have people coming from other unis as well.

We organised this party at a prelude to the Semester Break.

Cheers.

Jonathan

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
me and a few first years from my class are comming, lucky torts is cancelled the following day, that way we only have to make it through intro :) lol great way to forget about the horrible torts assignment we will have handed in the day before.

Last edited:

Jonathan A

HSC
I still have to go to Uncle Tim's class (Lara and Jenn know what I mean). But bring everyone!

Jonathan A

HSC
We believe we can make it better! UWSSA I think were a little upset with our plans.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
yeah if my friend goes ill probably come with him, subski at usyd is having a pubcrawl the same night with that awesome traffic light theme but none of my mates are going and i need some way of celebrating the completion of my first round of assessments, so i might be there. :D

Jonathan A

HSC
We have put some up - very nice once, flashy orange. However people have been sabotaging and pulling them down.

We are aware of the Harbour Cruise - it is sold out so nothing should conflict.

Jonathan A

HSC
We want to get people from there, but we are not certain if we can get posters up there. All are invited though.

butterflybird

HSC
if anyone wants to buy a ticket to that harbour thing i have one up for grabs.
they wouldn't let me refund it.. so if someone else wants to buy it from me go ahead.

donkeydrop

HSC
what kind of music will the DJ play? The usual hip-hop and r'n'b tunes? do they ever play trance?

to people who attended these events before, are they fun?

thank you for responding

p.s. readings for Uncle Tim and that disgusting Toots Law assignment makes me sad:cold:

donkeydrop

HSC
lol, nice one Melsc!

I am not coming cause i live pretty far away but my spirit will be present for burning of CLA. To make the night event hotter I recommend burning the torts assignment as well (i have no idea wtf is going, any ideas would be appreciated)

the place will go off!!!!!! :p

donkeydrop

HSC
melsc,

tell me your secret. what is the best way to get excited about Law? I just cant find any motivation:cold:

BobB

HSC
N/A
lol - you're all still willing to go to the Roxy after the stabbing, the shooting and the 2 attempted rapes? lol...

you're all either very brave or very lost :) lol :)

Jonathan A

HSC
BobB, as a Criminology student who has studied extensively studied the different crimes and causes, I find your statement to be very out of line. Most rapes occur between people who know each other in a private dwelling and and most murders occur also between people who know each other. Why would someone out of no where, shoot people unless they suffer from a mental disorder which makes the psychotic?

L

LaraB

Jonathan A said:
BobB, as a Criminology student who has studied extensively studied the different crimes and causes, I find your statement to be very out of line. Most rapes occur between people who know each other in a private dwelling and and most murders occur also between people who know each other. Why would someone out of no where, shoot people unless they suffer from a mental disorder which makes the psychotic?
far out jonathan ... what BobB said has nothing to do with criminology...

firstly as far as i can tell it was a comment in jest and 2ndly - he is stating fact!

there were 2 attempted rapes, a shooting, a stabbing and i also heard another fight at the roxy the last few weeks.. the shooting n fight were over 'territory' but dunno what the otehrs were about.

No one cares if the stats say domestic situation rape is more likely - if its happened, it's happened... And besides, plenty of people without mental disorders randomly shoot people or hurt people...

Jonathan A

HSC
Lara, I think it is related to criminology. Unless you find shooting and raping to be perfectly accpetable behaviour, in-line with the law and the doing of people in the norm, then it does relate to the study of deviance.

The fact you noted 'territory' already proves my point - they don't go round shooting anyone. And I agree that many people are sane when they shoot and possibly do it randomly. But I think it is unreasonable to suggest that there is a likelihood it would happen at the Roxy for no particular reason other than what's in the news. The FACTS ARE that the night did not see a shooting or any attempted rapes from what I gathered. The suggestions made are an over-reaction or perhaps in jest as you mentioned.

pottsy44

HSC
Jonathan A said:
Lara, I think it is related to criminology. Unless you find shooting and raping to be perfectly accpetable behaviour, in-line with the law and the doing of people in the norm, then it does relate to the study of deviance.

The fact you noted 'territory' already proves my point - they don't go round shooting anyone. And I agree that many people are sane when they shoot and possibly do it randomly. But I think it is unreasonable to suggest that there is a likelihood it would happen at the Roxy for no particular reason other than what's in the news. The FACTS ARE that the night did not see a shooting or any attempted rapes from what I gathered. The suggestions made are an over-reaction or perhaps in jest as you mentioned.
no its bc there is to many fucken hot-heads that like to start shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)