Time to stand against racism (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
Come on, comrade. Surely the fact that it was organised by the NUS offers some weight to Calculon's statement?

note: I don't mind the NUS.

---

Repost :p

Edit: Don't just blame the left, because as far as I'm concerned both elements of the left and right aren't acting in a way that will see an end to this problem.

Generator

HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
because when people realise that what they are doing is fuelled by nothing but deep-seated racism, the moment most people will stop.
Not necessarily racism. I would prefer hostility to difference (part of which is racial difference). It's a more accurate term given the complexity of the issue, if anything.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
because when people realise that what they are doing is fuelled by nothing but deep-seated racism, the moment most people will stop.
I see. So if I don't like what someone is doing, all I need to do is convince them that it's racist to do so and they will immediately cease for fear of being racist.

Of course racism is a problem when people act on it in such a way that the law is broken; I'm not disagreeing with that, by the way.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'll ask the people of this thread: how many people, if they knew their safety was assured, would have turned up last sunday to just be a spectator, because they knew something interesting was happening and wanted to see it in person? I'd say a lot of people in Sydney would have felt that way, and through alchohol and neo nazis cheering them on they committed a few vile acts under extreme peer pressure.

Comrade nathan

HSC
The issue is not race. The issue is an sms sent between 5000 people who decided it'd be fun to turn up and see what havoc was caused in Cronulla, and who got fired up in the moment.
I have read some of the sms'. They are not nice and you are implying the people who attended must be the dumbest people on earth if they went thinking it was not racist.

The people who went knew clearly that the gathering was a overtone of white nationalism.

Or in your scenario people went for fun, then they are still racist as well as well as hooligans. Your scenario is actually worse, are you saying people went to have fun at a racist gathering? Form SMS that talked about beating up Lebanese people.

Both scenarios leads to the suggestion that there needs to be re-education and we have a racist problem in Australia.

EDIT: And fuck off, I'm not defending their actions, just saying the motives are hooliganism, not racism.
By hiding their actions and your attempt to play down the racism you might as well be defending them. You are protecting the racist, and allowing the racism in Australia to continue.

Anyway, have the left considered, and would they protest:
Yes we have considered all these factors, and you can find much writings on similar topics. You are just naive of the Left movement.

I have also many times in this forum advocated re-education of the young Lebanese as well and have never defended the violent actions of both groups.

Ironic, given the NUS has donated money to the anti semetic PLO :p
They PLO is not anti-semtic, they were a national-liberation party who's enemy is the Jewish settlers. That is like saying the ANC is anti white because they had to fight against whites to free themselves. Very poor analysis.

Such optimism. This belief assume that the majority of Australians can accept what racism is.

Comrade nathan

HSC
I'll ask the people of this thread:
Most of the people in this forum are racist or crpto-racist. The actual owner of this forum is aiding the racist ideology by hosting many threads that are aimed directly at building up hate against people of Middle East apperance. Asking the people in this forum is like asking the White Nationalist is he racist.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
So by encouraging free speech the owner of the forums is a racist?

Right-o.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
Comrade nathan said:
Typical tactic of thoose on the right. If someone criticises and exposes contradicitons in Australian society, the right wing well just say "well move to Iran, Lebanon, China, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, South Africa". Is it the plan for the right wing to never fix or admit a problem untill we become as bad as these countries? They would rather everyone comparing how great we have it compared to other countries then analysis and fix Australia's problems. This can only lead to violence.
And you quite skilfully avoided the point of my statement..

You have still failed, as have the myriad of protests, to address the instances of racism and anti-Australian sentiment within the actions of ethnic gangs. Now as I said before " This 'racial' fiasco was not instigated by any anglo or caucasian group, but rather was created when these ethnic gangs began to target particular people because they were "Australian" in Australia for goodness sake. Terms such as "skip', 'aussie' and the like were quite frequent when these groups attack people of anglo origin. Was there any denunciation of the racism and taunting by these groups yesterday, or was it primarily targeted at those evil, treacherous and dreadful anglo-Australians.. You people are exacerbating the problem even further by remianing ignorant to the immense racism within various ethnic factions.. correct me if I'm wrong, but these so-called 'race riots' were the product of a racial attack on a lifesaver, an Australian icon, by a group of middle eastern males who specifically used racial and cultural taunts..If Keyser Trad and co. want to continue to blame every other person in society and those of every other creed, then the problem will never be rectified..

The fact remains, that as long as we have a society whereby existing is freedom of thought, freedom of speech and freedom of association, various prejudices and the like will always exist. It is idealistic to even remotely believe that society will ever be able to exist without prejudices of any kind, including those related to race and culture..

Oh and what do you propose that we do to amend the problem of racism? Education? It is a total waste of money and resources when one tries to formulate the views of those in society when in fact we have the inviolable right to formulate our own..its all rhetoric without any practical and substantive solution..

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Race and culture are human constructs. Through generations of homogenisation we will rid ourselves of them.

SGS05

HSC
Australian society is not racist. People just over react. My mates joke about me being an ABC all the time but they're jokes and thats it. Its like joking about people for being fat. Everyone is different.They are not actually racist. In all of my 18 years here I've never actually encountered a person who said anything about me being an Asian out of the mentioned context.

Last edited:

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
SGS05 said:
Australian society is not racist. People just over react. My mates joke about me being an ABC all the time but they're jokes and thats it. Its like joking about people for being fat. Everyone is different.They are not actually racist. In all of my 18 years here I've never actually encountered a person who said anything about me being an Asian out of the mentioned context.
hmmmmmm not necessarily true. for many people, this may be true, but for some, particularly who have immigrated here for LESS THAN 18 years this is a different story.

racist discrimination works like this. an aggressor, say is Bob, says something particularly racist at Sam, the victim, who casts a hostile glare, but Bob merely dismisses it as "dont worry mate, jokes jokes", BUT Bob's comment is forever sealed in Sam's mind.

Next time, perhaps a day later, or week later, the same thing happens. "oh, dont worry, just a joke. just kidding". again, the comments SLOWLY but SURELY increment. the fuel keeps on building, waiting for just one spark to unleash it all.

and when that time comes, Sam would unleash it all, vehemously attacking all those comments that built inside him for perhaps weeks or months. yet, Bob merely would say "hey, hey, what did i say? only a joke", and the irony is, many bystanders would agree with BOB, and Sam cops it all.

and the cycle continues.

and yes, although we have free speech, there are many other hard won rights, like living in peace and harmony, and without prejudice and unwanted scrutiny, that have been threatened by some foul, unwanted comments directed at them.

we all have a responsibility, on both sides, to combat racism, to upheave engrained values and promote understanding, rather than wallow in smear campaigns, stereotypes and generalisations.

the war has just begun peoples.

M.I.A-187

HSC
Its like 2pac once said "i see no changes all i see is racsist faces misguided hate lead disgrace to races." So yeah....they should find the root of the trouble like thos who cost the troubles (such as leb gangs and white nazi Olsen twins bull shit) then stop them, i mean a full on riot will bring no peace, action to the one who created the trouble should be taken.

Groups that base themself on racism start on from fear and igorance resulted in a lack of communication, so pplz should just sit down and talk things out then understand each other. They should see that fighting bring no words it only bring cuss words which aren't meaningful.

Fighting is pointless, for war is like an endless cycle of "you throw shit at me, i shall throw shit back at your face mother fuckers"

Last edited:

Comrade nathan

HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
hahaha. I need not even comment.
The racist can find any excuse to justify their defense of racist acts and racism in Australia.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)