• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Timetable 08 thread (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

kevinant said:
What's wrong with all you guys critisizing?!
I'm doing double degree with approximately 14 credit points/Semester
I had tried my best to make it as short as possible, almost all of them are between compulsory lecture classes except Friday
I can't change lecture time as there's only one class
pLuvia should know about it, since he's doing same degree and all u others doing something like history!
Please give me constructive suggestions..not just these unconstructive comments. And if you have an idea on how to change lecture time, tell me please.

I know...These compulsory lectures are really annoying...
I wsh i could drop off some unit but that means i have to do an extra year. I have to do 5 day week because these lectures while others only have 3-4 days week.
lol chill mate :p

In our acst program most of the lectures are fixed (most of the acst subjects anyway), and I think the science component of your degree will have a lot of wierd times/crappy times for lecs/tutorials. If I stayed with my science degree I would have had to go 5 days a week again due to maths :( Glad I'm going to change :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Enrol into a B Arts maj Philosophy.

jake2.0

. . .
HSC
AsyLum said:
Enrol into a B Arts maj Philosophy.
Yea, that way you'll have 2-3 days off when your at uni and when you graduate you can have the whole week off :uhhuh:

maka

HSC
kevin......

Mate, many on here are just saying how they feel. Personally, I'd drop a few units or skip lectures (like I already do).

I am trying hard not to criticise it however. The thing is that it practically stops you from gaining employment during the week as you are at uni 5 days a week.

If I could offer advice the only thing I could suggest is seeing if you can switch any units arounds if the program isnt 100% set. You could even consider putting all your tuts on 1 day too. Some of the Commercey/Businessy subjects dont need lecture attendance at all. Then there is the beauty of i Lecture.

Last edited:

maka

HSC
My Semester 1 Timetable

Monday 9-11 : LAW 316 Tut
Monday 11-1: LAW 314 Tut
Monday 2-3: LAW 314 Lec 1

Wednesday 2-4: LAW 316 Lec

Thursday 10-11: ISYS Lec 1
Thursday 11-12: ISYS Lec 2
Thursday 12-2: ISYS Prac
Thursday 2-3: (clash) ISYS Tut / LAW 314 Lec 2
Thursday 3-6: BBA 350 Seminar.

I think most if not all the Lectures will be missed! Gotta love i Lecture. Convenience's best friend!

Last edited:

antisheep

HSC
Does anyone know if Math123 does ilectures? I have a day where i only have one of those lectures and a tut that I can move so it'd be good to have another day to work. But then again I won't do it if it's imperative that I go of course.

kevinant

HSC
jake2.0 said:
lol calm down, they were just joking around. All ACST students have had to go through the same thing in first year, unlike the blugy arts and history students *ducks*. But once you get to 2nd year you'll only have 3-4 days per week, so untill then I guess you'll just have to tough it out.
That's right... It's making me hard to find a job! But I will try to find one though as most of my friend has one and I made a stupid decision. Wednesday is very short though..

PwarYuex said:
Sorry, I was just joking around. :(

Was making as much fun of the bludgy arts students as you. Obviously you're a hard worker and will be rewarded for it. :)

You still lose, though, because my timetable looks phallic.
That's alright, Make sure you clarifies a bit. Also because my gf has broken up with me so I'm more sensitive to negative non-constructive comments at moment.

pLuvia said:
lol chill mate :p

In our acst program most of the lectures are fixed (most of the acst subjects anyway), and I think the science component of your degree will have a lot of wierd times/crappy times for lecs/tutorials. If I stayed with my science degree I would have had to go 5 days a week again due to maths :( Glad I'm going to change :)
Haha yes weird times!!! If I get a part-time job in computing this year I will definitely stay with computing, but I'm not sure about the weird time-slots

juLnHi said:
aww dude .. u have to admit ur timetable looks painful .. better make heaps of friends to make the time pass quicker :)

anyways u wanted some constructive suggestions/feedback .. well u cant change ur lecture times unless they offer night classes .. then u might be able to fit everything in 3-4 days BUT it will be a very very very long day.

maths - u must attend all classes .. examples usually used in exam and they r willing to help u with every problem u have

comp - for me .. lectures were a waste of time. unless u dun understant c++ at all then go to lectures otherwise read textbook and other textbooks and practise
accg - ilectures
Haha the problem is that I don't understand C++....
The evening lecture for computing is not great though.. By late autumn the sky will be dark at 6pm..and by winter it will be Damn COLD!!! I will try to fit everything in 3 to 4 days next year... Compulsory maths lectures sucks!!!!!!!Why so many lectures?!

maka said:
kevin......

Mate, many on here are just saying how they feel. Personally, I'd drop a few units or skip lectures (like I already do).

I am trying hard not to criticise it however. The thing is that it practically stops you from gaining employment during the week as you are at uni 5 days a week.

If I could offer advice the only thing I could suggest is seeing if you can switch any units arounds if the program isnt 100% set. You could even consider putting all your tuts on 1 day too. Some of the Commercey/Businessy subjects dont need lecture attendance at all. Then there is the beauty of i Lecture.
I can't drop any of these units as they are all compulsory subjects!
I know... I can only try to find a part-time job at weekends not weekdays...hopeless at weekdays. The program, is 100% set though...all of them are compulsory subjects and no electives!
All tutorials on one day is a great idea and being a tutor at 3rd/4th year is another great idea haha

hannahxxx

HSC
Anyway.....my timetable isn't too bad. Last sem I got lucky and only had to go 2 days. This sem it's 2.5 days ( am i-lecturing one of my lectures though):

Monday
1-2pm: LAW114 tut
3-6pm: CUL204 lect

Tuesday
9-11am: CUL204 tut

Thursday
11am-1pm:LAW114 tut
2-4pm: POL276 lect
4-5pm: POL276 tut

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
juLnHi said:
antisheep - make friends .. i dont think maths units have ilecture bc u have to do alot of note taking (math135 - one lecture would be 3-6 A4 one sided pages)

kevinant - hey it takes me 2 hrs to get to uni (2 buses) and i have night classes this year so im dreading this semester .. morning lvl2 maths and late comp classes :(

the reason y there so many lectures for maths .. i suppose u cant concentrate and write for longer than that. i dunnoe how those who do the night classes for maths do it (2 hrs) .. when i did math135 it was like 3-6 pgs per lecutre ..
are you a South Westy as well? lol.. the T-way/545 combination is death..

Tabris

HSC
Wed
LAW316 lecture 16-18, LAW316 Tute 17-19

Thur

LAW407 Lecture 9-11
LAW407 Tute 11-1

Fri

LAW509 Lecture 9-11
LAW509 Tute 11-1

Luckily someone left the law509 friday tute after it was full....

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Finally can register for my units and classes.

My timetable:

Monday: PSYN824 - Lecture 13-16
Tuesday: PSYN804 - Lecture 18-20
PSYN805 - Lecture 17-18
Wednesday: PSY863 - Lecture 14-17
PSYN803- Lecture 12-14
PSYN821- Lecture 18-21

But I also have 1000 hours of placement :O
And i'm sure there's something else to this (given that it is 22cp worth).

choosing what classes was easy given that there were NO options.

Oh, and this first semester costs me 11k. I still haven't seen what textbooks I need yet.. gulp.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)