• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Timetable reshuffling and Major related Questions (1 Viewer)

LisaMeow

HSC
Hey Guys,

First off, is there a good chance people will change/drop out of their class times before week 1 (or during)?
I've enrolled in SPN101 but the only seminar times left were late afternoon/evening which is really not good for me. There are other times but they're all full... Could this change again? Or am I stuck in the late classes? If so, is there anything else I can do about it?

Secondly, regarding majors (and/or minors), is it possible to complete a unit as an elective and then add a second/new major later and still have the unit count towards it? (e.g. doing MKTG101 as elective, then later adding Marketing major and adding the unit to that, since it's required) I'm considering a second major but would really want to know what the subject is like before I commit to anything.

Thanks! :)

Anthel

HSC
N/A
Well I can only answer your first question. From what I've heard from current students studying there, sometimes depending on your faculty, some new classes can be arranged if all classes are full. I'm pretty you can ask student centre or your faculty coordinator or whatever (student admin i dont know :/ ) about your situation and Im sure they can fit you into something or arrange something else.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Keep checking back on timetables. Many people keep switching up to the last day. If there is no attendance taken for that specific class also, you should be able to attend your prefered time instead with no issues.

Regaring transfering/adding majors etc, yes they do count. And if you have units you no longer need these will become uour electives or count as general credit. I tranfered unis and transferred degrees, and everything i have taken counted somewhere.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Last year I changed units (and therefore dropped out of my day time tutorial) so people do change up to the very last moment, so it is worth refreshing and regularly checking for better tutorials.

LisaMeow

HSC
Ooops! This reply has been sitting in the reply box on my phone for about a week now! I did not realize I hadn't posted it yet!
Thanks for the advice guys! Turns out they released another stream of classes at 9am which is way better than the evening for me.

And, yeah, I think there is a very high possibility of me changing majors and minors around at least once so I'm glad to hear stuff will still count! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)