timetable (1 Viewer)

hangerm5

HSC
Just playing around with mine now on the web. I have a few clashes (hist and pols, very annoying). I am wondering, is this the 'official' timetable with no errors or ommisions? Does anyone know?

Also, is this something i have to have done by O-week or can i get some help during this time to get all this practical stuff under control?

ByrnEsy

HSC
Usually it will stay the same, the course coordinators may occasionally change the time or place of some tutes or labs, but rarely lectures.
No one but you sees what you do on the timetable site, its just a tool used for organising your time, not for enrolling in tutes. Lecturers should tell you how to enroll in tutes during the first lecture, sometimes you do it on the course website, sometimes you write your name on a sheet somewhere. So during the first week is when most people organise all thier classes.
Theres not much you can do about clashing lectures, sometimes if a lot of people complaion to the lecturers, they *might* move one.

hangerm5

HSC
right. so at the moment i am looking at having to change a course or making a decision to alternate lectures... mmm, I wonder what i could do instead of pols sci....

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Which courses are clashing? (eg what course codes)

Depending on the course it may be taped (even if it says it isnt on the timetabler), the lecturer may make notes available, etc.

Actually having looked at the timtabler the problem courses are HIST1207 and POLS1002?

It seems that the history course is taped and notes are available.

Oh and you should report the clash (click 2006 timetable and then report a clash) as it has yet to be reported. Once reported you can see how many others are effected and if many it may be changed... afterall it is still a draft timetable for now and they like to be friendly to first years.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Are you sure that they're clashing? Because I doubt that they'd timetable a first year history/pols clash even in a draft timetable, since so many people do both. Check your timetable over again, you only have to go to one lecture group. You'll see clashes but these are often clashes with duplicate classes. And yeah, you'll be told in your first lectures when to enrol in tutes and what not, so don't worry. You can (mostly) change what lectures you go to when it suits you.

Last edited:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
They do definantly clash. And this is arts not law so no 50 lecture groups to choose from.

However neo is right given its first year pols/history a change can be hoped for.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
loquasagacious said:
They do definantly clash. And this is arts not law so no 50 lecture groups to choose from.

However neo is right given its first year pols/history a change can be hoped for.
Really? You'd think that there'd be a few, since nearly every first year law student does first year IR and pols along with god knows who else :p

hangerm5

HSC
Thanks for that everyone...I hadnt realised that i could report it. If the lectures are taped and notes made available then i might be able to juggle it reasonably well....THanks all for your help/advice.

Oh yeah--it was Hist 1207 and Pols 1002

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
um do we have to do the timetable thing NOW because I am at a friend's house and I don't have my stuff with me at the moment,and when Iget back I'll be packing and working and panicking....

when's the final date that the timetables have to be submitted in by?

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Timetables do not need to be submitted.

You just enter your courses in and find out where YOU need to be and when. In first week of lectures (eg two weeks away) you will be told how to sign up for tutorials. These you fit around your lectures in a convienient manner.

Calm down, chill out etc. You will deal with this during O-week after you have enrolled, doing it now just gives you an idea of whats going on abit earlier. There is no rush.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
loquasagacious said:
Timetables do not need to be submitted.

You just enter your courses in and find out where YOU need to be and when. In first week of lectures (eg two weeks away) you will be told how to sign up for tutorials. These you fit around your lectures in a convienient manner.

Calm down, chill out etc. You will deal with this during O-week after you have enrolled, doing it now just gives you an idea of whats going on abit earlier. There is no rush.
OK. thanks. I'm just a bit whatever at the moment, due to omg I dont know if I made the right decision-ness. :/

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Don't worry - I'm sure we've all been there before... the enormity of the change can be overwhelming for many.

hangerm5

HSC
paper cup said:
OK. thanks. I'm just a bit whatever at the moment, due to omg I dont know if I made the right decision-ness. :/
I know just how you feel and I had decided not to bother with my timetable until o-week or something but well, after 10 weeks holiday I am just so bored that i felt i may as well do something towards getting organised. As for packing, i think I will start tomorrow, well maybe write a list or something....

a8o

HSC
don't want to revive a dead horse here, but this seems the best place to post this: ive noticed a clash phil 1004 and euro 1004. i notice the numbers are the same, are you not meant to do two courses in the same semester with the same code...or are they meaningless, randomly assigned numbers?

hangerm; same deal here, bored shitless. my grammar/sentence structure is deteriorating! sometimes i sit on a word for correct spelling. at least we're not going back in march!!!!!1!!!!1!!

hangerm5

HSC
oh i know just what you mean. My last exam was on November 3 and i think my brain has been switched off since then...its awful, I have made so many silly mistakes and said so many stupid things...going to have to warm the gray cells up pretty quickly now tho...See this proves my point, I cant even remember if thats the right way to spell gray or not...is it grey or gray....oh.....must wake up soon.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
The numbers are just a descriptor and there is no correlation across codes beyond 1st, 2nd, 3rd year etc designation.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
How come The Poetry of The Universe is a 2nd year philosophy subject, but the Department of Maths also offers it in first year(without prerequisites)?

Venusian

HSC
because they can! and the same reason why is macro 1 is a second year commerce subject but a first year econ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)