Timetable (1 Viewer)

Berkay_D

HSC
After we accept our offers, how long before the uni sends out information such as timetables and so on.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
The timetables are already up ... but you need you need to know all your subjects to search for them.

mibiony

"fully sick"
HSC
I heard that on the enrolment day, thats when u have to do ur timetable, at the uni itself.. but i duno if thats possible cuz most students wont know n e thing about the subjects or wot they have to do... ??? i duno... its all so confusing

d_elmo

HSC
isnt it a bit more difficult than that? i had a look at the tute times for the units i would be doing, and its a bit hard slotting them all in and making sure they dont overlap...

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
k i went to the timetable section on the uws website and got a little confused, i looked up a unit and it says Practical A Practical B, Tutorial A Tutorial B, Lecture A Lecture B etc, do we enroll in one of each eg Prac A, Tute B, Lec A etc, also, are they all compulsury - do i have to do tutorials, and btw im not sure exacltly what tutorials are - whats thier difference with lectures? thanx :D oh yah btw do we have to register the units for semester one only now or the whole year or course?

Last edited:

klh

HSC
lectures: mostly the lecturer [prof] speaking about the topic. you take notes and stuff but arent allowed to ask questiosn until the end.
Tutes/prac: you are doing homework and able to ask questions about the lecture. pracs let you practice what you've leanred.
they are compulsory to register and to go to. Tutorials arent extra classes, they are a part of your classes to go to.
youonly register for the semester as the times for the other semesters havent been calculated yet.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
sparkl3z said:
k i went to the timetable section on the uws website and got a little confused, i looked up a unit and it says Practical A Practical B, Tutorial A Tutorial B, Lecture A Lecture B etc, do we enroll in one of each eg Prac A, Tute B, Lec A etc, also, are they all compulsury - do i have to do tutorials, and btw im not sure exacltly what tutorials are - whats thier difference with lectures? thanx :D oh yah btw do we have to register the units for semester one only now or the whole year or course?
I had a subject similar to this in first semester. We had 2 lectures - but each lecture was only one hour long with an hour break. I had to attend both lectures. You don't need to enrol in lectures. You will also need to choose between each of the pracs as well as the tuts, choose the one that suits your time the best.

d_elmo

HSC
in terms of the lectures that u were talking about natstar, is that the same for all subjects? because i have to do a biology unit and there is a "lecture", then a "lecture A" and a "lecture B" (plus a tute and a prac)

and as well with what you were saying, do you have to enrol in the lectures regardless and then it is up to you whether you attent the supplementary ones?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Jonathan A said:
Looks like I am going to three campuses this semester.
I'm toosing up between:
*Environmental health law at hawkesbury

or

*Urban geography at Blacktown.

The only thing is if i do urban geography I will be going to three campuses, fully relying on public transport :vcross:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
lol. I'm just gonna catch an express bus to parra cause its the closest campus.

I'm still investigating the courses ... cause I don't mind the hawkesbury campus, atleast the train ride always makes me want to do work.

I'm leaning more towards environmental health law cause its a level 3 subject - and i want to get a few of them out of the way this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)