timetable (1 Viewer)

kunny funt

Large Member
HSC
hey 2nd year and plus guys

did you find it hard to do heaps of lectures in a row?

I have 4 hours straight on tuesday and 3 hours straight on thur. and I can't change it coz there's only one time for the lectures.

do we get breaks in between or during lectures or can we eat in the lecture hall?

Also, are the tutes more useful before or after the lectures, or it doesn't realli matter?

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh my entire first semester i have at LEAST 3 lectures straight evry day coz i made it like that...i did this coz i heard it was pointless having like a little break in b/w lectures, is this tru?

CrashOveride

HSC
I also applied a similar logic, and have several 3 hour straight lectures.
I figure, they are basically just talking so yeah...tutorials are "harder" than lectures arn't they ? Because you are not just listening, you are doing work =p ?

feng

nah its not so bad..

when it starts getting hard...thats when i start dozing off anyway =)

i thikn i have 2 days with 4 hours of lectures..all acst =((

Last edited:

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
u get 5 mins before and after the hour of a lecture free anyway rite?

Last edited:

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
first semester, i made my timetable and made it spread out over 5 days, with hr breaks after 2/3 hrs. it ended being that i wasted too much time.

second semester...cram everything in as less time as possible. chose evening classes if need be. much better, saved myself for going to uni for 2 out of 5 days at uni. and didnt find the long periods hard to manage, but to each their own...

i prefer having "days off"

also you need to take into consideration travelling time.

attatched my timetable from last sem.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
thanks for that rahul...no matter hw much i squeeze all the stupid things togetha i will neva get a day off :(

feng

pft sif poor..we all have to experience it...

i call it....breaking them into uni..to learn to appreciate free time

kunny funt

Large Member
HSC
hey guys, the recommended program has 5 subjects for semester 2, but at the pre-enrolment day the lady said that u need special permission from the advisor to do more than 4....but i see that every1 did 5....hmmm.....why?

CrashOveride

HSC
The trick is to flip out ur green recommended programs paper, lower ur shades and in a sleek voice: "It's cool...i'm an actuary.."

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
CrashOveride said:
The trick is to flip out ur green recommended programs paper, lower ur shades and in a sleek voice: "It's cool...i'm an actuary.."
roflmao think ur tough ehh coz u do actuarial ehhh ... XD

i hope i can do acst101 first semester.. i will listen to my senior actuary pplz here on bos =D

ND

HSC
i hope i can do acst101 first semester.. i will listen to my senior actuary pplz here on bos =D
I don't think it makes any difference really, noone does any work for 101, all you basically have to do is cram the night before the tests and just do an online quiz each tuesday night (i was on like the 30th percentile for my 101 quizzes, hahahah).

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
a tactical decision doing acst 101 in 1st sem =P...but apparently its really easy so it shudnt matter which smemester we do it be it 1st or 2nd--(altho ull b 'competing' with other actuaries in 2nd)

brings me to a question: is uni like the hsc where evry1 is competing (and hence affect our marks/scores) or is the competition irrelevant ?

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
ye it is...

say for a harder subject like acst211. how they do they determine who gets wot? in terms of raw marks they'd prolly fail 1/2 the ppl...but they cant fail 1/2 an entire grade....they'll scale it...so in a way other ppl's marks affect wot u get too.

but even tho its competitive. i find that at uni more ppl r willing to help each other with assignments and things like that compared to high skool.

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
Two years ago, I would've said, yes.
A year ago, I would've said, no.
And a few months ago , I would've said, maybe.
Now, I would say, it doesn't affect it that much but it isn't irrelevant.

Having said that, i'll juz cover up the rest of entire possible answers sample space by sayn yes its relevant and also irrelevant.

there we go. i hope my input helps =p

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=- said:
Two years ago, I would've said, yes.
A year ago, I would've said, no.
And a few months ago , I would've said, maybe.
Now, I would say, it doesn't affect it that much but it isn't irrelevant.

Having said that, i'll juz cover up the rest of entire possible answers sample space by sayn yes its relevant and also irrelevant.

there we go. i hope my input helps =p
understanding that post should be an exemption for you guys :D :p

CrashOveride

HSC
Do you guys get told your rank in a particular unit etc ?

Also any 2nd year actuaries this year wouldnt happen to know a guy by the name of Phillip Mullins ?

flamin'

No you don't get told you're rank UNLESS you make it to the Merit List.. where they list the top ten or something.

You get told you're rank if you come first coz normally it comes with a nice cheque.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)