Timetableing Usyd (1 Viewer)

Evan11

HSC
Sorry if there is already a thread for this but as if i can be bothered searching. Anyway, i was wondering how flexible the timetabling was for an engineering commerce degree at sydney uni, coz there are heaps of threads about unsw and uts showing how u can customize ur timetable to hav a lecture then tutortial then lecture etc and get it all done quickly, is this the case at sydney or do u hav to shut up and take what ur given?. cheers.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
USyd's timetabling system is notoriously archaic and inflexible - if you did a search you would know this.

A degree like Engineering/Commerce - which has pre-requsites everywhere and has cross faculty timetabling, plus a hefty amount of hours is going to be difficult to change.

As a general rule:
- if its a lecture you can't change it
- if it's a tute you can try by blocking out sections of your timetable online
- if you have more than 2 changes to make, you'll have to line up with the rest of the cows and goats during O-Week and beg the people in the labs to change your timetable.

Have a look at: http://web.timetable.usyd.edu.au/menu.jsp?siteMap=true for the central timetabling unit and see if you can see all the available tute times etc.

Good luck

kokodamonkey

HSC
oh you cant change your lectures? So even if you block out a period of a day that has a lecture then thats bad luck??

Coz i saw you can only block out up to a day or 2x half days and im just trying to think how thats going to work if i want to only do 3days..

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
kokodamonkey said:
oh you cant change your lectures? So even if you block out a period of a day that has a lecture then thats bad luck??
Most subjects don't have repeat lectures, so there are no lecture options to switch between. Some compulsory and/or extremely popular subjects (junior accounting, economics, psychology, etc.) have several sets of lectures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)