Timetables (1 Viewer)

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC
new year, new timetables! (except for some schools....) so how is it? better than last year's or worst?

anyway, now i get to go to at 10am on mondays! but shit thing is 4 periods of maths on friday (8 periods day)....160 mins of maths, can anyone beat that?

just curious =p

karoooh

HSC
Last terms timetable was better. I only get to go home early in the arvo on Monday Week A. I only have 3 periods cos of one free and no sport on Wednesdays, but meh... Nothing special.

And I'm lost one free - I only have 8 now! :(

P

pLuvia

I have 160 mins of maths, MX2 and MX1 on Mondays, my periods go for 80 mins each.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
crap.................. but meh 6 free 80min periods a cycle XD.

Lexie1001

HSC
i have 18 frees every 6 days :D cos of been accelerated...its good but i think i might waste them and just today it was really bad cos i had no work. got sooo many maths lessons though, most is 150mins (we hav 7 50min periods a day). my friend does 13 units and only has 2 frees cos we have to have 4u lessons in some of them. i have some in the morning and last period but we're not allowed to leave or come late which is annoying....people leave late neway tho. i would too if i had my Ps.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I now only get a 45 minute free every couple of days because I have to do a school based R.E course that doesn't count towards HSC nor are there any assessment task or exams to do, which isn't too bad.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i'm pretty happy with this terms timetable. i have heaps of frees which i was really pleased about (and i have vowed i WILL work in them this year). my two early morning extension english classes are in shitty places though - i'm gonna have to figure out some way of getting to school on time for them, because i can't on the days they are on now. gah. perhaps i could try and get it changed... *plots* but yes other than that, v. happy. :D

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
[ rant ]
OMG our school's admin stinks...We didn't get timetables on our first day back (yesterday)...

On our second day back (today) almost everyone had problems with theirs, like our Latin class has "floating" classes, without a designated room.

These timetables, we have been forewarned, are "temporary timetables" - we are not to copy them into our diaries.

Furthermore, none of our Language Extension classes have been timetabled (we're going to have to figure them out ourselves with our teachers.)

So much for outsourcing the timetabling :angry:

And on top of this, we will definitely have 4U maths on Monday Mornings (7:15am!) and Friday Afternoons (till 5pm)
[ / rant ]

Other than that, I have my 14 frees (80 min periods) every 12 day-cycle, so that can't be bad...

illmtl

HSC
stella8h8chang said:
[ rant ]
Furthermore, none of our Language Extension classes have been timetabled (we're going to have to figure them out ourselves with our teachers.)
Aren't ext classes normally not timetabled? At my school it is an arrangement between students and teachers. I had to find the other german ext. students and organise it....

I have 7 frees a fortnight (80 min each), though only 1 early departure:mad1: ... and on wednesday avos I have german ext... from 2:30 till 5!!!!

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
vizman said:
WOOHOO free periods..gotta love senior school :D

Dont forget what their purpose *actually* is. The idea is to use them to study etc. Although i guess i just used them mostly as a well deserved break and just went home. But they are useful when you have lots of assignments due in one week and things are tight, and are good for revising if you have a test later on in the day.

For the record i started with 2 Study period a 10 day cycle, which increased to 16 when i dropped maths. Great thing was most of them were 1st or last period meaning i could go home early or go to school late!

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
As much as my school sucks at 4 unit maths and sport, we do have an awesome timetabling + attendence policy thing.

- Flexible Attendence Policy: Swipe in instead of going to roll call, if you have a free period first you dont have to come till 9:45am (cut off time).
- If you leave earlier than 3:13pm, you have to swipe out (theres one day I leave at Noon, very handy).

- All extension classes except for extension music and extension history are timetabled on line. The other two are offline in the afternoon due to the majority of people in these classes doing the 3hr commute.

- I have about oh...25 free periods (55hrs each) or something like that, due to Studies of Religon via correspondence, 10 units and 2 extension classes (ee2 runs during a free).

Only qualms is when I have recess, then two free periods then lunch...thats about 3 hours of waiting around and sometimes there's absolutely bollocks to do (i need my Ps soon)...eh i'm going to have to start taking embroidery+my canvases (visual arts) to school soon to work on during those times.

Cheers

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
Most ridiculous timetable in the history of timetables.

Who the hell makes a very sick Pathways student have to come in EVERY single day for classes? And the worst part is.... they're all spread out. Some days I have classes from 8.30-10, and then NOTHING until 2:00. And I can't get home in the mean-time, as I'm too sick to drive, my parents work, and my school is out in the sticks where there is no public transport.

The point of doing this whole thing was to give me more time at home resting, and less stress. But with my timetable, I'm at school 90% of the time anyway, and so may aswell be doing 10units!

It's damn ridiculous. Just one day of it tired me out so bad I spent the rest of last week off. Stupid school. They're meant to be helping kids with illnesses and disabilities.... not making them stay in the 40 degree heat from 10-2 too sick to do any work.

So it looks like I might have to drop down to doing just 2U - so I can have two days off a week. However, this means that next year I'd have 8U - with is way too much for me (long term illness). And I am NOT doing my HSC over 3 years.

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Although now I don’t get any morning sessions off, I do have one ‘study session’ on Friday afternoon so I can leave school on Friday afternoon at 12:45pm, Monday afternoon 12:45pm and Wednesday Afternoon 1:30pm. Tuesdays and Thursdays I finish at the usual school time 2:30pm.

I am pretty happy with my timetable although I don’t get a full computer day, which was Wednesday (session 1 free, session 2 IT and session 3 SDD). :( Can’t win them all…

Trev

stix
HSC
HamuTarou said:
160 mins of maths, can anyone beat that?
On tuesdays and thursdays I used to have maths before school (7.30-8.50), during school (+50 mins) and after school (3.15-5.00 <- sometimes we went till 5.30-5.45).
So that's at least 235 minutes of maths...

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
Trev said:
On tuesdays and thursdays I used to have maths before school (7.30-8.50), during school (+50 mins) and after school (3.15-5.00 <- sometimes we went till 5.30-5.45).
So that's at least 235 minutes of maths...
same here but instead if have offline maths in mourning of monday, wednesdays and fridays, wif no study periods -_-

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
HamuTarou said:
160 mins of maths, can anyone beat that?
HECK YEAH! I just checked. On "Day 11" of our cycle, when it coincides with a Friday (in Week 5), I have...
Period 1: MathsX1 = 80 mins
Lunchtime: MathsX2 = 40 mins
Period 4: Maths X1 = 80 mins
After school: Maths X2 = 90 mins

Grand total? 290 MINUTES.
10 minutes shy of FIVE HOURS.
Yay for outsourcing! :mad1:

illmtl said:
Aren't ext classes normally not timetabled? At my school it is an arrangement between students and teachers. I had to find the other german ext. students and organise it....
**shrugs** I suppose I'm spoiled :p last year we had everything neatly done for us (although we usually rearranged things), and this year they only bothered to do maths and English. Oh well, I'm actually much more frightened of the five-hour maths marathon (well I guess at least we have a big break in the midst)...

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
i have 8 free periods a 2 week cycle[ not including sport]

yet i only have four periods a day [ 77 min] but what is worst
monday week b i only come to shcool for 1st period then i got home at 1o: what a waist of day !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but i hate my time table , they've squished alll my frees over two days per week and leaving the others fulll ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)