Timetables (1 Viewer)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Six contact hours a week seems very low even for an arts course, if you're doing it full-time.

~kiki

HSC
hey--- I've just finished enrolling at unsw. For my degree there are set courses you have to do, and these courses are at set times. On my timetable I have lectures followed directly by tutorials so I'm guessing its fine... as in, the university would have devised the timetable for my degree and if thats how they've arranged it, it must be fine.

Mumma

HSC
In nearly all cases the tutorial work you cover is from last weeks lectures.

Unwant3d

It's A Boy !!
HSC
er this is weird. by going on what you guys said. Tut's should start after lecs.

but my First Engineering Communication Tut starts on monday 25th
BUT
my first Enginnering Comm Lec starts tuesday 26th

er
how does that work?

and yes those days are correct. i tripple checked.

Thought Shark

HSC
Triangulum said:
Six contact hours a week seems very low even for an arts course, if you're doing it full-time.
I'm Arts at UNSW and each of my subjects are 3 contact hours per week, even my Economics subject, so I'd assume there is something wrong with the other person's timetable.

Jerruy

HSC
Last year I did right after another.

e.g Lecture 10am-11am, then Totorial next from 11am-1pm.

Fresh in mind so I was able to put the theories into work easy

G

Gavvvvvin

Ffs it doesn't matter when your tutorials are. Just organize your timetable so you spend as least as many days at uni as possible. And then if you are then able to, have your tutorials as late in the week. Sometimes you really need an extra day to get that bit of work finished :)

hotdimsim

HSC
so.. i have 7 hr breaks between lectures on wed and thurs
i have 6 hours straight 8:30 am to 2:30 with no break on thurs. I thought no one in their right mind would get up at 6am to timetable classes when the system opened.......i was very wrong

gprael

HSC
I guess because I don't need a "real degree", whatever you consider that to be, to make money and be happy.

Oxbridge

HSC
N/A
My advice is to plan your timetable early and concisely!!! As someone who is doing seven subjects this semester and eight in the second semester I cannot emphasise this enough! Of course it involves a bit (or in my case a lot) of programming luck. For example, I have somehow been able to get Fridays off on my timetable, but Thursday involves four lectures and two tutorials! This is notwithstanding a few clashes I have with other lectures from other degrees and the problem of commuting between one university and the other, I think I might invest in one of those scooters, or a pair of rollerblades! Hahaha.
Having clashes in lectures isn't a problem as such, but clashes in tutorials is a definate 'no no!', although it is advised that you should attend lectures it is (in most cases) not compulsory, tutorials on the other hand are. My advice would be to plan your WHOLE YEAR timetable early, this helps esp. for the second semester, as the saying goes 'the early bird gets the worm'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)