Timetables (1 Viewer)

maz3ndor

HSC
when do we sort out our timetables for classes and stuff. ppl going to other uni's seem to be doing them right now but i didnt see anything instructing me to do my timetables/subjects yet.

is it done at orientation or enrolement or what?

maz3ndor

HSC
is everything done at enrolment? like can i take the stuff home and decide or does it have to be done there? how long is the enrolment session thing anyway?

Aeriff

HSC
You can do it once you're at home. It's pretty much all online you just have to fill out some forms and stuff on enrolment day to get your ID etc.

maz3ndor

HSC
does this also include getting camp info and other stuff as well?

Aeriff

HSC
I got emailed my camp info. It should come through to your UTS email OR the email you had registered with UAC (mine came to the latter).. but that was for an Early January round. Just give them time to go through who's accepted etc. and it will eventually come.

maz3ndor

HSC
because i am hoping for a 2nd round offer, i was planning to go to the enrolement session on the 4th of Feb. Does this mean though that if i dont get my 2nd round offer i;'ll just get stuck with whatever is left in terms of subjects/times etc

maz3ndor

HSC
Do we already need to have planned exactly what majors/minors/electives we want to take before we arrive at enrollment? What actually is the process for getting a timetable at enrollment?

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
There are two steps to enrolment-- enrolling in classes for the year (8 subjects)-- and choosing sessions (as in, timeslots) for each subject. After you've chosen your times, you'll have a timetable. You'll do both of these at your enrolment session, as well as get a student ID.

Last edited:

maz3ndor

HSC
So at enrollment, do I have to choose all these majors/submajors/electives? Do I need to have these choices already made?

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
Let's say you want to take the networking major. At enrolment, you'll probably enrol in:

FIRST YEAR
Autumn semester
Communication for IT Professionals
Introduction to Information Systems
Programming Fundamentals
Web Systems

Spring semester
Business Requirements Modelling
Networking Essentials

Applications Programming
Elective Subject

RED: Core subjects
BLUE: MAJOR
GREEN: Elective OR One subject from sub-major OR One subject from 2nd Major

No, you do not have to choose everything by/at enrolment, but you will have to know which major you want to do and at least one elective or at least one sub-major. You do not have to know all electives or all sub-majors you want to take.

Side note: It's not recommended you take two majors, but if you don't want to do any electives or any sub-majors, you'll have to know both majors, since at enrolment you will be enrolling for the entire first year.

maz3ndor

HSC
Well, as I want to do enterprise systems development, with the computer graphics and animation submajor, I'd be right just turning up with those in mind+1 other elective then?

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
Well, as I want to do enterprise systems development, with the computer graphics and animation submajor, I'd be right just turning up with those in mind+1 other elective then?
You wouldn't need to worry about the +1 other elective this year (choose it when you have to enrol in subjects for 2011), since you could use a subject in the Computer Graphics and Animation sub-major to fill that last subject. I would suggest you enrol in:

FIRST YEAR
Autumn semester
Communication for IT Professionals
Introduction to Information Systems
Programming Fundamentals
Web Systems

Spring semester
Business Requirements Modelling
Networking Essentials

Applications Programming (From Enterprise Systems Development major)
Introduction to Computer Graphics (From the Computer Graphics sub-major)

That should hold you over for the year =D

maz3ndor

HSC
what actually needs to be brought to enrollment, I know theres a list somewhere but i cant find it

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
what actually needs to be brought to enrollment, I know theres a list somewhere but i cant find it
Was a list of what you need to bring sent to you with your offer?

From what I can remember, you need photo ID, and a completed Commonwealth Assistance Form (which you now done online, so u might not need to bring it at all).

Aeriff

HSC
It's on the start.uts.edu.au website after you login. You also need to bring along OCamp forms along with what's that list and $90 (if you're going that is).

maz3ndor

HSC
In regards to the enrollment tomorrow, is it done strictly according to the session. Like, if I'm enrolled for the 3pm session (which I am), does the whole 3pm group go in together, or if I arrive 10mins earlier will they just put me through as I arrive.

azn_satans

HSC
it was in the enrolment confirmation email. all u need is photo id dats it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)