Timetables (1 Viewer)

ammyyy

HSC
After accepting offers for our courses, when are we able to organise our timetable and does this have to be done in person? (I live 5 hours away from UTS :S)
Also, does anyone know if obtaining UTS' Vice Chancellor Merit Scholarship would give you preference in this regard (I don't think it does but I could be wrong?)

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Leading up to uni was somewhat like this

16th Jan accepted into UWA
23rd Jan information night (didn't bother going as I was in melbourne.)
Early Feb sign up for units in person (get your student card, get your UWA account and get lectured on how to set up timetable.)
Week later timetable is up - have like 2 weeks before you know if you get your preferences (they give more prefrences to unavoidable clashes.) You shouldn't care about lectures in your prefrences just rock up to whatever ones you want.
23rd Feb Orientation week starts
1st Match Uni begins

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
At UNSW you get to make your timetable as soon as you accept your offer, think it might be the same for UTS as well.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
UNE you organise your timetable as you enrol. Which is all done online.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Most universities have you select your timetable as you enrol or not shortly afterward.

izzy88

HSC
It depends on the university- USYD for example you can generally only get your timetable about a week and a half before university actually starts (can be very frustrating). However each uni will do it differently.

As for timetable preferences that will depend on your course- eg.many arts subjects will only have one lecture running, so there is no choice as to when your lecture is- however in first year science subjects there can be mutiple streams/repeat lectures because there are so many people, so there may be a choice. There are also generally movements you can make with tutorials.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)