Timetables. (1 Viewer)

engineering

HSC
N/A
Some unis give timetables immediately after enrolment, however generally a downside is classes fill up and late enrollees can miss out.

At Sydney, they wait until they have a much better idea of exactly how many students are in each subject, and can then rearrange classes and rooms if subjects suddenly become popular and unpopular.

There are pros and cons of both options.

izzy88

HSC
Some unis give timetables immediately after enrolment, however generally a downside is classes fill up and late enrollees can miss out.

At Sydney, they wait until they have a much better idea of exactly how many students are in each subject, and can then rearrange classes and rooms if subjects suddenly become popular and unpopular.

There are pros and cons of both options.
Agreed. I have friends at UNSW who missed out on subjects within a minute of enrolment opening up. At least at USYD they allow however many people who have pre-enrolled in the subject to take the class - for example in law electives, waiting lists only operate after pre-enrolment has finished (so for those who change subjects around in the weeks just prior to semester starting).

Saying that, you can also always look up the timetabling of subjects on the timetabling website - its not personalised, but you at least know when lectures are running etc. I basically know my timetable for this semester as there is only 1 stream of classes for 3 out of the 4 subjects (and I chose them based on the timetabling). Its only the 4th subject where I have to worry about getting a particular class.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Best timetable sees me at uni only 3 days per week. Gives me a good chunk of time to do my student ambassador work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)