timetables (1 Viewer)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
When you enrolled you would have chosen some preferences for times that you wanted your classes to be on. This is your rough timetable for now. About 87% of continuing students got all of their first preferences, so you should get most, if not all of your first preferences, unless you have chosen a really popular timeslot. You will get your timetable on the 24th of February off the same site you registered on (http://mysubjects.uts.edu.au).

If you haven't enrolled yet, then you can view the timetables for each subject at http://timetable.uts.edu.au . Remember, this is a timetable for ALL the classes for ALL subjects, so you need to choose what times you want and build your own timetable.

Timmay

HSC
yeah i already done all that, im just a bit anxious cos one of my subjects is at st leonards for some crazy reason and the rest are at ultimo, i timetabled all that one subject stuff on monday and no other subjects on the same day (so im not running back and forth) so hopefully that will work out and did it all so theres no clashes, anyways, fingers crossed, thanx for the date tho, i remember someone telling me but i forgot

tomekz

HSC
Since where on the timetable thing...... Can someone answer this question, It has been asked a couple of times but never really answered.....

Say I got a subject that finishes say at 10:00 and another one that starts at the same time, it is a good idea to choose the one straight after or not????

Thanx

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
why is is in St leanards? yuo choose what locations u want yuor sucjects to be. for example i only ticked the box that sais city campus to get only those subjects.

and one of the subject on my timetable has a popularity of 550% lol . lucky its my second prefernece.

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
SashatheMan said:
why is is in St leanards? yuo choose what locations u want yuor sucjects to be. for example i only ticked the box that sais city campus to get only those subjects.

and one of the subject on my timetable has a popularity of 550% lol . lucky its my second prefernece.
some subjects can only be done in st. leonards. alot not all, have the lectures at the city and the practicals at st. leonards. so hence its not really your choice to go "i don't want to go to st. leonards" unless you want to lose your pratical mark or whatever is run there.

@tomekz: it depends on where the location of the next subject/activity runs. if say you got a lecture that finishes at 4pm at the university hall and another lecture for another subject starts at 4pm at guffrie hall then its more than fine to tick that timeslot.

Lectures usually start 5mins after the stated time and 5 mins before the stated time. (I think that's the right order)

However if you have a lecture that finishes at 4pm, and you got a practical at st. leonards, well obviously you won't make it in time.

Timmay

HSC
yeah i just enrolled in them and it said st leonards instead of city, and i didnt get any option to choose, but yeah, the subjects i enrolled for at st leonards (cells, genetics, evolution and animal function and diversity) are entirely at st leonards, like pracs and lectures and tuts, i figure its just where those kind of subjects are, it doesnt bother me unless i have 2 start running back and forth between campuses several times a day, oh yeah, with the double degree templates, theres large gaps where you put in the subjects from your chosen major, does it matter which order you do them in or is it just as long as you do the prerequisites first?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
how long would the shuttle buses take to go to st leanards to city? adn where do u catch them. i am not personally going to st leonards, but i know someone who is so just asking .

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
umm well even though i live in the north and used to go to school in the area, just check bus timetables for 252,254,290, etc...

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
SashatheMan said:
how long would the shuttle buses take to go to st leanards to city? adn where do u catch them. i am not personally going to st leonards, but i know someone who is so just asking .
traffic conditions e.t.c. 15 mins?

personally haven't caught them.. just take the train.

azn_spirit

...messed up...
HSC
Darn I better get the timetable I WANT! =D or else it will mess up my whole timetable alot, i.e clashes and inconvienient times =). Just hope the fine ppl at UTS are nice enough to give myself my first preferences.

Just one question, I heard it was NOT first come, first serve...so how do they choose who gets the place and who doesn't? UAIs? Names? Theres got to be a legit reason for not letting a person in when its not first come first serve.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
ur right its not first in first served

i just think they do it based on ur other selections for subjects and how they work together- im sure it has nothing to do with ur uai

Timmay

HSC
yeah im doing BE (Civil and Enviro) / BSc (Enviro Biology) lol im very enviro, im suprised there werent any antirequisites, but oh well, good for me

yeah i just figured i'd catch the train, St leonards is on city circle isnt it? i figured it would take about 30 mins to get from city to st leonards... thats just a guess tho

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
azn_spirit said:
Just one question, I heard it was NOT first come, first serve...so how do they choose who gets the place and who doesn't? UAIs? Names? Theres got to be a legit reason for not letting a person in when its not first come first serve.
the word on the street is they pick names from a hat.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
Timmay said:
yeah im doing BE (Civil and Enviro) / BSc (Enviro Biology) lol im very enviro, im suprised there werent any antirequisites, but oh well, good for me

yeah i just figured i'd catch the train, St leonards is on city circle isnt it? i figured it would take about 30 mins to get from city to st leonards... thats just a guess tho

it takes less than 30 mins to get from the city to st leonards...its like about 15 mins- 20 mins depends on which train u catch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)