Timetabling help? (1 Viewer)

hpatdh

HSC
How do we check what sessions for what courses are available at UNSW? I am looking to do Bcomm at UNSW.

Thanks.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad

Bec Johnston

HSC
On the subject of timetables, when it says week 1, is that the week after O-week?

5mmgridbook

HSC
Can anyone please give me some tips on the best way to arrange a UNSW timetable? For example, have you found that it's better to have more morning classes rather than going home late, or would the morning be better for revising and studying, etc.
Thanks!

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
Depends where you live, how long your transport takes, what time you're most awake mentally, and how many days you'd like to be in Uni.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Can anyone please give me some tips on the best way to arrange a UNSW timetable? For example, have you found that it's better to have more morning classes rather than going home late, or would the morning be better for revising and studying, etc.
Thanks!
I like to have alternate days on and off. It gives you a whole day to study for exams/editing assignments etc. Also classes later in day means less volume of people queuing at bus station.

Last edited:

5mmgridbook

HSC
Thanks, but I'm hoping to do engineering, so not much choice in terms of days off. But I'll keep in mind about having the greatest blocks of time free :)

Chimelle

HSC
hi guys, just wondering. do you think it's a good idea to have 2 days of lectures only, and a day of tutorials, or should i mix them up? would i get tired after hours of lecture in a day? :L

thanks

cormacshaw

HSC
N/A
hi guys, just wondering. do you think it's a good idea to have 2 days of lectures only, and a day of tutorials, or should i mix them up? would i get tired after hours of lecture in a day? :L

thanks
Mix them up if you want. I prefer more variety. If you think you might get bored after listening to lecture after lecture, chances are you probably will.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad

thanks
A day of tutorials only can be bad as mid sems can fall in the same week meaning you could be doing more than one exam in one day. That being said they are only like 45 min. Having lecture only days leads to a high chance of skipping uni as lectures are not compulsory.

Chimelle

HSC
Thanks for the quick replies!
Lol i think i will mix up the tutes and lectures then.

Rawf

HSC
Are we supposed to make our timetables and pick our subjects tonight after we accept our offers? o__o

D94

HSC
N/A
Are we supposed to make our timetables and pick our subjects tonight after we accept our offers? o__o
Whenever, but note that the good times can be filled up pretty quickly and you might be stuck with crap times and a crap timetable.

Rawf

HSC
Whenever, but note that the good times can be filled up pretty quickly and you might be stuck with crap times and a crap timetable.
So if I accept my offer as soon as the offers come out, and go straight to the timetabling website, all the timeslots should be available and I can pick my timetable any way I like?

D94

HSC
N/A
So if I accept my offer as soon as the offers come out, and go straight to the timetabling website, all the timeslots should be available and I can pick my timetable any way I like?
Yes, they should be. Anyway, you can change your timetable any amount of times until the start of the semester.

megaman64

HSC
can someone help me in setting up my timetable? I'm doing commerce/information systems. this is so confusing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)