Timey Wimey: Doctor Who discussion thread (1 Viewer)

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
oh dw. so im good to just stick with the thirteen episodes?
yiss

the only specials that are important to watch are the annual christmas specials and then in between seasons 4 and 5 there are like four other specials that you should watch (as there was no season in 2009 so they just released a bunch of specials throughout the year)

Orwell

HSC
Omg no, stop. Army of ghosts. Sphere opens, you think, cybermen right? It's the daleks ahghibesjlkfjidbfglndk;

Kolmias

HSC
yiss

the only specials that are important to watch are the annual christmas specials and then in between seasons 4 and 5 there are like four other specials that you should watch (as there was no season in 2009 so they just released a bunch of specials throughout the year)
What about Waters of Mars? That was better then most of the Christmas specials.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
new companion looks cool. Great to have a person of colour back again, and being called Bill is cool, but making me wonder if this is the first trans companion? Probs not, but they're setting it up well. I don't really want to have to go through the whole 'let's educate this human' thing again, but it's good for any new viewers.

also I'm with mcchicken. Danny/Clara is OTP and I'm still not over the thing that happens to him (attempt at spoiler avoidance)

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
You people get far too attached to companions.

Then again when it comes to tragedy, I'm not moved.

Wait, no, that applies to emotions in general.

Except for anger...

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
new companion looks cool. Great to have a person of colour back again, and being called Bill is cool, but making me wonder if this is the first trans companion? Probs not, but they're setting it up well. I don't really want to have to go through the whole 'let's educate this human' thing again, but it's good for any new viewers.

also I'm with mcchicken. Danny/Clara is OTP and I'm still not over the thing that happens to him (attempt at spoiler avoidance)
well any departure of a companion is never exactly a tearless event so I wouldn't consider it a spoiler but fuck Danny/Clara rekt me (although Amy is still my #1)

Orwell

HSC
I haven't even begun the third season. I can't imagine the show without Rose. Even thought I hated her, it's still kind of poignant.

I'll start soon, my Doctor Who fun time is going to be a little hard considering school.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I haven't even begun the third season. I can't imagine the show without Rose. Even thought I hated her, it's still kind of poignant.

I'll start soon, my Doctor Who fun time is going to be a little hard considering school.
Yeah I was never really attached to Rose at all but the tragedy of her situation still got me right in the feels haha.

Good luck with this term!

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I wasn't the world's biggest fan of Rose either but Ten is basically created out of Nine's love for Rose and I think they play that dynamic really well.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I wasn't the world's biggest fan of Rose either but Ten is basically created out of Nine's love for Rose and I think they play that dynamic really well.
Yeah.

Whether intentional or not I like playing up the idea that Rose influenced 10, Donna influenced 11 and Amy influenced 12 - the most prominent example being Rose/10's chav accent and Amy/12's Scottishness :)

Orwell

HSC
Dude. Family of Blood and Blink were such amazing episodes. SO GOOOOOD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)