• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Timing of Trains (1 Viewer)

X

xeuyrawp

This, I hated being puffed or stressed before a class. Also, you can't be sure there won't be delays, 7 mins is cutting it really fine.
Yeah it really puts you off for the rest of the class.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I was more looking at it from the perspective that MAYBE the tardy student was late due to uncontrollable circumstances. Lecturers are there to help after all, and if the students feels remorse for being late and cares enough about their education to enquire about what they missed, why shouldn't they help?

"Sorry I was late, sir. Was there anything important that I missed?"
"Well we went through *insert initial topic here*. If you read through the lecture notes as well as looking for extra information in your textbook, I am sure you won't be disadvantaged."

Just something simple like that. I don't think that's spoon feeding.
So you want the lecturer there to tell you 'there there, everything will be alright' rather than the actual information he can give, seeing as you could do that without needing to talk to them surely.

scarf

HSC
Lecturers are there to help after all, and if the students feels remorse for being late and cares enough about their education to enquire about what they missed, why shouldn't they help?

"Sorry I was late, sir. Was there anything important that I missed?"
"Well we went through *insert initial topic here*. If you read through the lecture notes as well as looking for extra information in your textbook, I am sure you won't be disadvantaged."
well, lecturers are at uni to advance their own area of study/interest and research, n are "there" more for that than helping students which is their other job.

n wow, those saluations really bring me bak - i havent used sir or ma'am for like 9 yrs now ever since high school finished...

i guess attitudes and perspectives change a bit after you've been there for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)