Timing tips for paper 1 sections and paper 2 sections (1 Viewer)

d1zzyohs

HSC
you probably know you have two minutes per mark. funnily enough, I just finished my short answer way too fast; and 'the crucible' and common mod. essay really isn't too hard so an hour is ridiculous.

my plan for the section 1 of the exam is to force myself to properly analyse the unseen text for a few minutes; I know I will have leeway as I'm a quick (and disgustingly unneat) writer; if this is the same for you, I would suggest doing this too as this would further your analysis.

If you struggle with analysis on the spot, then I would probably suggest just keeping the eye on the clock after every question ends; remember that your reading time should really be used in comparison with the question - so you should know what quotes to use.

(QUICK TIP: If the question asks for a 'transformation' or 'progression' of a human experience/narrator/character, read the start and end of the text)

good luck,
godspeed to the both of us for trials.

Run hard@thehsc

HSC
you probably know you have two minutes per mark. funnily enough, I just finished my short answer way too fast; and 'the crucible' and common mod. essay really isn't too hard so an hour is ridiculous.

my plan for the section 1 of the exam is to force myself to properly analyse the unseen text for a few minutes; I know I will have leeway as I'm a quick (and disgustingly unneat) writer; if this is the same for you, I would suggest doing this too as this would further your analysis.

If you struggle with analysis on the spot, then I would probably suggest just keeping the eye on the clock after every question ends; remember that your reading time should really be used in comparison with the question - so you should know what quotes to use.

(QUICK TIP: If the question asks for a 'transformation' or 'progression' of a human experience/narrator/character, read the start and end of the text)

good luck,
godspeed to the both of us for trials.
thats some neat insight. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)