Tips for Economics (1 Viewer)

Audranda

HSC
What advice can you provide for succeeding in Economics class? E.g. listening to the news, types of programs, etc.

Thanks!

Mata10

HSC
I'd say make notes, from now until school starts next year make as much notes as you can. Then in that 5 weeks, memorise and do past paper questions on most of your pre-made notes, that way you are well prepared and ahead of your class for your half yearlies. Then after the half yearlies complete rest of the notes, then learn and do past papers till you're prepared for your trials. After trials, take a break a week off maybe, to regain energy and to peak before the hsc.

Lol, I wish I did all that, but I didn't have a proper go at eco until after the summer so its my fault.

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
The syllabus is your bible, make notes based off it, also don't just blindly memorise content, Economics is one of the few humanities which actually has concepts behind it, therefore kinda being considered a science. (Social Science). If you understand the concepts you soon realise a lot of the content is just a combination of concepts applied to real life scenarios.

In terms of programs/news, read the Sydney Morning Herald business section, Ross Gittens being one of the best writers to read from there. Also just keeping up to date with the countries economy and the world economy. Do all that and you should be fine :)

kwu1

HSC
The syllabus is your bible, make notes based off it, also don't just blindly memorise content, Economics is one of the few humanities which actually has concepts behind it, therefore kinda being considered a science. (Social Science). If you understand the concepts you soon realise a lot of the content is just a combination of concepts applied to real life scenarios.

In terms of programs/news, read the Sydney Morning Herald business section, Ross Gittens being one of the best writers to read from there. Also just keeping up to date with the countries economy and the world economy. Do all that and you should be fine :)
^This

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)