Tips for James Ruse Application? for current Year 9 going into Year 10 (1 Viewer)

jkdsghaweofhb

HSC
N/A
Hi there,
I am a student that currently in Year 9 and trying out for James Ruse for Year 10. Firstly, does Ruse offer any sports for new Year 10 students? Does anyone know anyone that has done the Ruse Year 9 test for Yr 10? If so, could they please advise me on how to study for it and how to do well in it? Also, I do a few Extracurriculars and sports etc.. and I currently go to a Top 20 selective school? Is there any chance of me getting in? Do they only pick students from Top 10 schools?
Thanks in advance :)

idkkdi

HSC
Hi there,
I am a student that currently in Year 9 and trying out for James Ruse for Year 10. Firstly, does Ruse offer any sports for new Year 10 students? Does anyone know anyone that has done the Ruse Year 9 test for Yr 10? If so, could they please advise me on how to study for it and how to do well in it? Also, I do a few Extracurriculars and sports etc.. and I currently go to a Top 20 selective school? Is there any chance of me getting in? Do they only pick students from Top 10 schools?
as long as there's some sort of test, your school shouldn't matter that much. not sure about spots. there's a large intake for y11.

jkdsghaweofhb

HSC
N/A
So its as long as you do well in the test, and you have Ecs etc, you have a good chance of making it? Also, do you know anyone that has made it in year 10?

idkkdi

HSC
So its as long as you do well in the test, and you have Ecs etc, you have a good chance of making it? Also, do you know anyone that has made it in year 10?

typo, probs means up to 5 for y10

spots would probably also depend on how many people leave the school. if someone leaves, an extra potential spot.

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
Hi there,
uh if you dont mind me asking, why would you wanna transfer to another school? Your already in a top 20 selective school, so I dont think it would be worth it

jkdsghaweofhb

HSC
N/A
Oh, it's fine. I believe that a holistic approach to my education is beneficial, as it allows me to grow in all ways, not just academically, to become a well-rounded individual. I feel that James Ruse will help me become a more well-rounded person, because of their academically high-achieving students, which will help me extend myself to the best that I can be. Hence, I think that James Ruse is the best school for me. If you don't mind, do you know anyone that's done the Year 10 Ruse exam and managed to get into Ruse? If so, could you ask them for tips? Thanks :)

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
some ppl like to strive high and i believe there’s nothing wrong with it
yeah but there are other issues that come with it, such as even more pressure, making new friends, and adapting to the school. Like ruse is the best of the best, some ppl might not be able to cope with it is all im saying. If you already go to a top 20 school, u are competing against pretty good ppl so idk its their choice ig.

kkk579

hello
HSC
yeah but there are other issues that come with it, such as even more pressure, making new friends, and adapting to the school. Like ruse is the best of the best, some ppl might not be able to cope with it is all im saying. If you already go to a top 20 school, u are competing against pretty good ppl so idk its their choice ig.
reasonable enough. but i’m sure if he’s already in a top 20 school then he’ll be able to deal with the competitiveness as i’m sure he’s a fairly competent person if he’s applying for ruse. but yes i agree that the factors above is definitely something he should consider.

Constantspy977

sensational
HSC
Oh, it's fine. I believe that a holistic approach to my education is beneficial, as it allows me to grow in all ways, not just academically, to become a well-rounded individual. I feel that James Ruse will help me become a more well-rounded person, because of their academically high-achieving students, which will help me extend myself to the best that I can be. Hence, I think that James Ruse is the best school for me. If you don't mind, do you know anyone that's done the Year 10 Ruse exam and managed to get into Ruse? If so, could you ask them for tips? Thanks :)
alr makes sense but no sorry, I unfortunately dont know anyone who tried for ruse other than yr 6 selective test. Does ruse do hast or is it a different exam?

newbeat

HSC
N/A
@Bored of Studies I know that in this group there are few boys/ girls who were successful in transferring either Baulkham Hill or James Ruse this year and they are in Year 8 this year. It means they did the impossible to possible. Only 2 kids were offered a seat at JR and BH this year. One person I know transferred from Girraween but I definitely need help for my child how to prepare for the Edutest and what else can be done to maximise the application and achieving a great scope in EDU Test. As you all understand good kids here, after massive study for Selective, all kids took a break. And high School has its own pressure including few tutorings, so TBH there is no much extra time to dedicate for EDU Test preparation so your tips/ guidance will help my child enormously. Thanks heaps.

Yes99

HSC
Only 2 kids were offered a seat at JR
are you referring that 2 people transferred into year 8 ruse this year?
if it is, that's correct info (although they didn't get to come at orientation day). 29 of us transferred into year 9 this year (~13 or 14 boys from my memory). I glanced through your previous posts and saw you spoke to both Sethio and blueberry, and they are quite alpha, so I think you have most of the information already, yet same questions... so it would be helpful to list out current stats of the student/your child, strengths and weakness if you are seeking further tips

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)