Tips for MASTERING Viva Voce (1 Viewer)

SanjoyM

HSC
Hey guys,

It would be greatly appreciated if you could all provide some tips as to how I can attain 90%+ in a Viva voce for Extension 2 English.
Confused at the moment of what it required and how students achieve over 90%+, if not full marks!
Weighting: 25%, so it is EXTREMELY important

Thank you
Regards,
Sanjoy! :)

Aliyas

HSC
Hey. I just got my Viva Voce results back today and was the only person in my class to receive top marks.
Basically what I did was ELABORATE. Whenever my teacher asked me a question, I took it a step further and provided more information to her. I also made sure I spoke about all the research I'd done into FORM (she stressed this point), so reading short stories etc. Also make sure you have a clear idea that you can speak about. If you're like 'Ohh...yeah, I was kinda thinking of having some kind of sci-fi story, but then I also thought I could do something about crime...' then don't say it. Lie if you have to. And make up a title if you don't already have one, as I was asked about a working title for my body of work. Also your teacher may ask you to make links to the advanced course/extension 1 so be sure to think of some possible links before you do your Viva Voce.

But basically open up to the teacher about everything that's been going on in your head, don't hold back. Babble on for as long as you want and be descriptive, clear and make sure you talk about your research. Speak confidently and you'll be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)