Tips for Prelims! (1 Viewer)

systematic

HSC
Only subject that matters really is Maths. Other subjects like English not so.
LOL can you be any more stupid? Of course wasting prelim matters. For english, it should be a time where you are perfecting your essay writing abilities etc. and not screwing around. Dont know if you're genuinely dumb or if ur trying to sabotage other 2017'ers who believe you.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
LOL can you be any more stupid? Of course wasting prelim matters. For english, it should be a time where you are perfecting your essay writing abilities etc. and not screwing around. Dont know if you're genuinely dumb or if ur trying to sabotage other 2017'ers who believe you.
This is how the 2015 Cohort at Fort Street ended up ranking 30th last year for the HSC. It was because heaps of the kids stuffed around in prelim and ended up with their asses in a shit storm for the HSC (it's very difficult for them to change bad habits when they had continual bad habits in yr 11 and didn't bother to change it)

Prelim is the time to learn from your mistakes and get your study habits right (as well as procrastination habits) and once it's the HSC, there's no time for that. It's game time. Prelim is a training year, you go to the barracks and prepare for war. HSC is war/game time, you go to the battlefield and battle others and if you're not well trained, you'll be in trouble, if you're well trained, you're at a lower risk of dying (if you get what I mean obviously)

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Anyways getting back on topics, how are you guys studying?

If you've already wasted 2 terms and a half of prelim and only have half a term left, well change your attitude and get moving or else you're going to head into a shitstorm. It's only 5 weeks (very little time obviously) but it's the only 5 weeks you're going to have on prelim so don't waste it

Simorgh

HSC
Those accusations lel. Me trying to sabotage others? Wtf.

Yeah for English that's why I am not taking in the content, just been focused on writing essays and perfecting my style. I am not wasting my time I am merely focused on what's going to be needed for Year 12 and readying myself from now.

Don't know what on earth that I have said that you find disparaging.

WildestDreams

HSC

Yeah for English that's why I am not taking in the content, just been focused on writing essays and perfecting my style. I am not wasting my time I am merely focused on what's going to be needed for Year 12 and readying myself from now.

Nah tbh you should just focus on your skills during prelim. Perfect your skills, experiment with study habits. I think what people mean is don't put die hard effort into all your subjects. For maths, maybe. But for the others, just perfect and experiment with those skills, so come HSC time, you know what to do. And like doing this, it doesn't mean you need to get the best marks either.

systematic

HSC

Yes focus on the important stuff. Just the way you worded your comment, made it sound like 'hey guys dw about prelim... just spend it all gaming, watiching movies, etc.' but yes agreed, i think you'll have to focus on the things that matter and dw too much about the insignificant stuff. Btw what school do you go to bro?

systematic

HSC
Wait when did I say that lel? If you thought then your wrong. I don't even game or watch movies that's how sad my life is. I am instead reading the writings of Karl Marx and Immanuel Kant and that's how I truly waste my time.

What school I go to is not relevant. But the poor assumptions you are making are relevant.
I didnt say that you said it. Im just saying that the way your said it, for me, felt like it carried those connotations. Just a simple misunderstanding. Also was just curious what school you went to, not that it is relevant.

systematic

HSC
wasnt trying to say that the school that you go to, has anything to do with what you said.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Wait when did I say that lel? If you thought then your wrong. I don't even game or watch movies that's how sad my life is. I am instead reading the writings of Karl Marx and Immanuel Kant and that's how I truly waste my time.

What school I go to is not relevant. But the poor assumptions you are making are relevant.
Dw man I'm worse. Next holidays coming up, I'm just gonna study all day long making phys and chem notes and preparing for discovery, find related texts, etc

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Don't take your results harshly if they don't turn out as expected. Just use it as a learning experience before it counts in year 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)