Tips for your Half Yearly (1 Viewer)

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
As I sit here and mark the first part of my students Half Yearly ( they do it in 2 parts in my vain attempt to make it easier) I thought to offer the following tips:

1. State issues CLEARLY (underline them even) and relate them specifically back to the scenario given. Underlining them may even help you realise you are using the same issue twice.
2. Make sure you use the keywords for that topic area ie. if its social and ethical make sure you say Security, Privacy, Copyright, Use of intellectual property.
3. You dont get marked for what you DONT write - this isn't an exercise in shorthand - mark sure you elaborate fully on all points
4. You can't take calculators into HSC IPT - so you can't be expected to work out calculations fully - just do the simple stuff
5. and DO study more than 2 hours the night before

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
'5. and DO study more than 2 hours the night before'
woah a teacher actually supporting cram studying.. not many teachers support that notion.\

anways.. thanks for the tips

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
i have no idea what how to tell you what to study!

have u made study notes? they cut down the reading time instead of reading the whole textbook.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
it shouldn't be that hard to make study notes for project work. info systems and databases would be long.. yeh maybe reading the textbook is a good idea.

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
here's another tip especially for Huratio

READ the questions

I actually said "and DO study more than 2 hours the night before"

meaning do more than JUST 2 hours

and if u are doing Multimedia ..yes remember 2^6 = 64 colours

u use the 6 bits per pixel in your calculation

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
past papers: hmm good point...
i got one: underline the main points in the multiple choice... i know i did that in the HY in Economics..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)