Tips on how to Cope? (1 Viewer)

ciaobella17

HSC
This term is going to be hectic and busy. I have midcourse exams in 5 weeks and I have assessments for every 2U subject that I do as well. Any ideas on how I could get through it all with good marks and still get sleep every night i.e. not having to get up early?

Gigacube

HSC
Make a study timetable.

Check the syllabus for the content you need to know or learn.

Just remember that it's only prelim so make mistakes and fix them later.

Last edited:

b33g_boss

HSC
its prelims chilllll

im in the same boat as you

but if ur srs, then study consistently, and do past papers

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
realise and get used to 5 weeks preparation for a test is fucking long as

also that assignments/assessments really only take 2-3 hrs max if u do it full concentration

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
Just keep on top of everything. Examinations aren't difficult if you've had time to study and revise. So make sure you get those assessment tasks out of the way, keep up to date in class and with your homework. Also you have 5 weeks, don't stress too much! Do a little study here and there, and then as school resumes next week get back into the studious habits. You'll be fine. =) Remember, this is the time to experience these situations, it's your opportunity to make mistakes without huge consequences. Learn what you struggle with, and if you buckle under pressure. And then work at eradicating these issues in time for next year. Best of luck. n_n

ciaobella17

HSC
Just keep on top of everything. Examinations aren't difficult if you've had time to study and revise. So make sure you get those assessment tasks out of the way, keep up to date in class and with your homework. Also you have 5 weeks, don't stress too much! Do a little study here and there, and then as school resumes next week get back into the studious habits. You'll be fine. =) Remember, this is the time to experience these situations, it's your opportunity to make mistakes without huge consequences. Learn what you struggle with, and if you buckle under pressure. And then work at eradicating these issues in time for next year. Best of luck. n_n
Thank you very much for the advice, I'm feeling a lot better about it now. Good luck to you in your HSC this year as well!

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
You are most welcome. The assessments are much easier with progressive study, rather than cramming a few nights before. Take the time to write some revision notes, have a look at some of the resources on this site if you're struggling. Also you'll be amazed at how just talking about the content with your classmates helps understand concepts and remember information - and it doesn't seem like study. Find what ways you learn best whether its: making charts / diagrams, drawing pictures (my best friend is an artist so she makes little comic strips to remember things), summaries, practice questions, etc. Finding the method in which you most effectively retain information is important this year.

Thank you, also. =)

Blacula

HSC
Sit back, smoke some pot. Maybe a beer you know. HTFU, it's only year 11.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)