Tips on passing ACCT1501? (1 Viewer)

Shadowless

HSC
I think I'm pretty screwed in terms of my chances of passing the final. Any tips? And yes I only need 50%+ as I have 30.11/45 so far.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
I think I'm pretty screwed in terms of my chances of passing the final. Any tips? And yes I only need 50%+ as I have 30.11/45 so far.
If you already have 30/45, then whats the concern? Just try your best and see how you go

Shadowless

HSC
Cos you need 50%+ in the final or else automatic fail, and I'm not sure if I can obtain that mark. Was just wondering if anyone had like study tips? IDK.

darkdog307

HSC
They pretty much told us what is in the final exam. Just go through those 5 chapters and with that and general knowledge you'll pass easy I think.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know if they still do this but when I did it, always make your balance sheet balance. Now this sounds stupid because balance sheet needs to be balanced but what I am referring to is when you can't balance a balance sheet. If you can't balance a balance sheet, just still make it balance (fudge numbers around). When I did it, if the balance sheet is balanced you get 1 mark even if the figure is wrong. You lose the 1 mark for not getting the right working out though. It's still better than not balancing a balance sheet where you lose 2 marks, 1 for not being balanced and 1 for having wrong working out.

What other tips can I give hmmmm. Know your Dr and Cr accounts well, t-accounts and journal entries I guess. If management accounting is still in the course, definately study that. It's in the exam EVERY year.

megaman64

HSC
What types of questions are in management accounting and cost concepts? Is it always cost of goods manufactured statement?

Also, are there any multiple choice questions with solutions I can practice on?

Last edited:

Shadowless

HSC
They pretty much told us what is in the final exam. Just go through those 5 chapters and with that and general knowledge you'll pass easy I think.
(Didn't attend a single lecture.) Which were? The final five chapters?

Shadowless

HSC
Hmm. Thanks for the help guys. Pretty sure I won't be attending ACCT1151 summer school XD.

darkdog307

HSC
I don't know if they still do this but when I did it, always make your balance sheet balance. Now this sounds stupid because balance sheet needs to be balanced but what I am referring to is when you can't balance a balance sheet. If you can't balance a balance sheet, just still make it balance (fudge numbers around). When I did it, if the balance sheet is balanced you get 1 mark even if the figure is wrong. You lose the 1 mark for not getting the right working out though. It's still better than not balancing a balance sheet where you lose 2 marks, 1 for not being balanced and 1 for having wrong working out.

What other tips can I give hmmmm. Know your Dr and Cr accounts well, t-accounts and journal entries I guess. If management accounting is still in the course, definately study that. It's in the exam EVERY year.
Damn my balance sheets didn't balance I thought forging it would be bad.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
Damn my balance sheets didn't balance I thought forging it would be bad.
Haha in real life you wouldn't do that because you be in so much trouble when it is picked up by an auditor. However, because it's an exam it tests your understanding. Showing a balance sheet balance demonstrates that you understand what a balance sheet is :)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Haha in real life you wouldn't do that because you be in so much trouble when it is picked up by an auditor. However, because it's an exam it tests your understanding. Showing a balance sheet balance demonstrates that you understand what a balance sheet is :)
If it is picked up.

twinshadow

HSC
Hey everyone... I am stuck with these questions.. Any help will be appreciated!

V Ltd's records at year end showed that there were 60 units on hand at cost of $50 each. A stock count at year end found there were only 52 units of inventory on hand. V Ltd had sold 100 units of inventory in the last month of the year realising a net price of $45 after selling costs. Which of the following statements is true?

Select one:
a. Sales in the last month of the year $4 500
b. Loss of inventory $660
c. Inventory on hand at year end $2 600
d. Inventory on hand at year end $2 340

Design Ltd has $200 000 in current assets and $150 000 current liabilities. What would have been the impact on current ratio if the company borrows $50 000 from the bank as a long term loan, repayable in five years?
Select one:
a. Increase
b. Decrease
c. No change
d. Increase and decrease

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)