• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Tips on what to do during maths reading time? (3 Viewers)

potatoe456

HSC
My prelims are coming up and my 3u exam is 1hr 30mins long + 10 min reading time, any tips on what i should be doing during the 10 min reading time?

Chiprr

Somewhat Active Member
HSC
In my trials, I spent the first few minutes looking through the paper to find the high mark questions, and then go back to the multiple choice and try to figure out the answers to a few and scratch them in with my nail so that I can save time once the exam starts

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
In my trials, I spent the first few minutes looking through the paper to find the high mark questions, and then go back to the multiple choice and try to figure out the answers to a few and scratch them in with my nail so that I can save time once the exam starts
oooh the nail thing is smart - i have always tried to memorise the answers but this is way easier!

sanarysurmer

HSC
My prelims are coming up and my 3u exam is 1hr 30mins long + 10 min reading time, any tips on what i should be doing during the 10 min reading time?
I recently scored 97/100 for my math trial and at least for me, this is what I did.

First 6 Minutes I started from the back of the exam and skim read each one and linked it to what I need to do, what formulas/concepts etc... remember ur subconscious brain is VERY powerful!

Then the rest of the 4 minutes I looked at the MCQs that I can do (obvi without a calc) and I got through like 6 of them which meant I had so much more working time, very important time because it meant I could go over legit all of the questions and confirm that its all right.

ALSO do the paper front to back not back to front! Ik it sounds strange like why would you read back to front, but for me like it meant that I could process the hard questions while im doing the exam.

Of course it depends on how well you are prepared for at the end of the day, but do what you think will work best for you. :) remember prelims is just a test run of the HSC and dont take it TOO seriously. Do your best, just dont get overly anxious on the day because it won't benefit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)