Tips to achieve 99.95? (1 Viewer)

Lina3

HSC
The most useful tip I reckon is to work throughout the year and make achievable goals. I have seen so many people making grandiose plans when starting their HSC and then 'burning out'. This is exactly the thing that happened to me this year in Prelims. While I am sure there are people out there who are capable of studying 5 or 6 hours a day consistently for a year (I have never heard of any though), it is better to start small and work your way up than assuming you can handle it and possibly getting really turned off the idea of studying.
Good luck and I hope you get into the course :)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
hahaha I see you're a pokemon fan. and thank you for the advice !
Haha yeah :p I also second the small goals thing. If you have just that overarching goal of 99.95 it'll get lost in the mix. Have weekly work goals to get done. Aim for 95%+ on your first English essay, 95% on your half yearly for economics etc. Aim for Rank 1 in all your subs at half yearly etc. and tehy will slowly build to your 99.95.

enoilgam

HSC
The most useful tip I reckon is to work throughout the year and make achievable goals. I have seen so many people making grandiose plans when starting their HSC and then 'burning out'. This is exactly the thing that happened to me this year in Prelims. While I am sure there are people out there who are capable of studying 5 or 6 hours a day consistently for a year (I have never heard of any though), it is better to start small and work your way up than assuming you can handle it and possibly getting really turned off the idea of studying.
Haha yeah :p I also second the small goals thing. If you have just that overarching goal of 99.95 it'll get lost in the mix. Have weekly work goals to get done. Aim for 95%+ on your first English essay, 95% on your half yearly for economics etc. Aim for Rank 1 in all your subs at half yearly etc. and tehy will slowly build to your 99.95.
Couldnt agree more with these posts. Its easy to commit to an idea, but its hard to commit to a process. The overarching goal is obviously important, but the key to achieving it is setting small, achievable short term goals.

ncoul

HSC
Couldnt agree more with these posts. Its easy to commit to an idea, but its hard to commit to a process. The overarching goal is obviously important, but the key to achieving it is setting small, achievable short term goals.
Sorry to sound ignorant Enoilgam, but your intelligence seems to exceed your achieved ATAR. Am i aiming too high without completely understanding how difficult it is?

enoilgam

HSC
Sorry to sound ignorant Enoilgam, but your intelligence seems to exceed your achieved ATAR. Am i aiming too high without completely understanding how difficult it is?
Its a valid statement - at the end of the day, I dont have a super high ATAR by the site's standards, but I firmly believe that I got the most out of myself during the HSC. Everyone is different and we all have our limitations - some peoples best can net them 99.95 whilst some others may only be able to achieve an 85 with their best efforts. The OP will need to get the best out of themself if they are to have a chance at achieving their goal.

Whether you are aiming to high is a question which only you can answer really - you need to look at how much effort you are putting in, in addition to the effectiveness of your study strategies. If you feel your strategies and effort are as good as they can be than what you are currently achieving should be representative of your personal best.

HSC
ahhhh yeah I understand what you mean and daily i've been studying 4 hours but when it comes to prelims it's minimum of 5 hours but I guess it's more about the goals set (as you have said). btw thank you :D I hope you achieve your atar aim as well !

HSC
Can I ask when you dropped economics? If it was quite late in the year how did you study for economics? other than just reading the textbook and knowing the facts because some of the concepts are harder to learn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)