Tips to help with stress (1 Viewer)

classics_chic

HSC
I've been noticing that some people in this forum are getting a little ratty at each other of late. As a former HSC student I'm going to tell you that having a go at others will not make you feel better in the long run, nor will it help anyone else. And isn't that what this forum is all about?

A couple of pointers:

1. No one is dumb. Don't say it about yourself or anyone else. If you say it, you'll believe it, and nothing reduces HSC marks like a poor self esteem.
2. We're here to help each other, and criticism doesn't get anyone anywhere. Criticise the texts and answers, but personal attacks will reduce your psychological capacity for learning, and everyone elses, and it makes this forum less pleasant to visit.
3. Criticisms based on no evidence, whether personal or related to Ancient History, just gets people upset. This is particularly the case when you attack someone and label them as part of a minority group.

You're all really valuable people and you're all talented in one way or another. I know it sounds really tacky and corny, but I do care about all of you and how you go in the HSC. Be nice to each other! Or, to make it sound even more corny: "why can't we all just get along?"

We're here to help each other. Direct your stress elsewhere. Punch your pillow or write an angry letter to someone, but then don't send it.

I wish you the best of luck in your studies. :)

Last edited:

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Aww that was great. Kudos for that post, i now feel like watching Barney and hugging everyone i see. Life is so great! "we shall overcome..." and all that jazz.

Btw, that wasn't meant to sound sarcastic.

Just a note, too scared to write an angry letter because people always end up getting them. Oh well....

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
*stops dancing to consider post NOT put up by mafia member*
is true - is good advice, but...probably isnt gonna happen *hangs head in shame* is fault of merewether mafia most likely. but then, we only criticise each other with in-jokes (well, almost always :p), or threaten to disembowel them or...ok, i see ur point. lets all be nice!
*moonie goes back to dancing*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)