Title help PLEASE! (1 Viewer)

pakigal

HSC
All you creative people out there...I suck at making titles...I need help!!...please

Okay, so my stories are about domestic violence. There's two parts. The first part is about a male cop who is a victim of domestic violence and OMG i have tried to come up with stuff but everything sounds horrible.

Any suggestions??

My second story is about dowry burnings in India so I've decided to name it "Agni" meaning fire. What do you think? Any other suggestions?

And for the big one...my major work title. I want something short but powerful...or something totally crazy...but I don't want it to give away that its domestic violence completely. I originally had "Blackout", it's short but not powerful!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Deedum

HSC
Uuum, not too good at titles either, but as the main one "Homestead" ?
Heh, I got my friends to title mine :p

black_humour

HSC
pakigal said:
All you creative people out there...I suck at making titles...I need help!!...please

Okay, so my stories are about domestic violence. There's two parts. The first part is about a male cop who is a victim of domestic violence and OMG i have tried to come up with stuff but everything sounds horrible.

Any suggestions??

My second story is about dowry burnings in India so I've decided to name it "Agni" meaning fire. What do you think? Any other suggestions?

And for the big one...my major work title. I want something short but powerful...or something totally crazy...but I don't want it to give away that its domestic violence completely. I originally had "Blackout", it's short but not powerful!!

PLEASE HELP!!!!!
Damn woman. Use whatever working title you had, and see. Create a mind map or something. USE A THESAURUS.

OR something. Our mentor came up with mine :)

~*~loz~*~23797

HSC
there is nothing wrong with using a certain phrase from the story
for example i once wrote a story about an intruder and the title was 'the crimson smear' sounds sick etc but.
also reas newspaper articles on the subject maybe grab ideas from what someone has said
domestic violence to me springs to mind
hate, love, persistance,romance, foolishness, disgust
maybe just leave it untitled untill the last moment

Tessa*55

HSC
if one of them is about domestic violence, try to think of it from the perspective of your main character. If its a cop, maybe call it something from the way he feels about the story. Like if he was a victim of domestic violence and thats why he became a cop. Anyway i dont know if that'll be much help but good luck

MeOverYou

Banned
HSC
Tessa*55 said:
if one of them is about domestic violence, try to think of it from the perspective of your main character. If its a cop, maybe call it something from the way he feels about the story. Like if he was a victim of domestic violence and thats why he became a cop. Anyway i dont know if that'll be much help but good luck
...You do realise this was due a while ago and she can't take your advice now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)