• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Titration Prac (1 Viewer)

LilMelski

HSC
Hey everyone...
i have my Titration prac in a couple of weeks and i am having trouble with calculations... im not sure what is expected and have ttried to talk 2 my teacher but she just tells us not to worry... but i am
I have troubles with molarity and other calculations and need a lilttle help.
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated!

Thankyou:( :(

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
hey there,

best way to learn it all is to just do heaps and heaps of practise questions. if your teacher is being anal and doesnt wanna help go to a different teacher.

when i did chem last year (accelerated) my tutor showed us some simple calculations that we could do. But of course they depended on the RATIO of the reactants, so be sure to first write out a fully balanced equation of the neutralisation reaction occouring. Then when you have that balancd and u've written down all the information you were given and all the data that u've gained from doing the prac it'll make it much easier to calculate molarity.

if you dont have a strong understanding of the basic mole principles then it wouldn't be a bad idea to go back a bit and consolidate all that stuff. (It'll help you understand the theory of the molar calculations in titrations etc more)

Anything else?

LilMelski

HSC
Hewo, Yeh thanx i need some positive talk lol i went and saw the teacher AGAIN today and she said she'd show us some of the questions in the textbook tomorrow! so wish me luck!
Thanx Egyptian Fuzzy Wuzzy Angel Priesty Boy!

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I agree with Priesty, you should do lots of practice questions, if you've done all the ones in the textbook, pester your teacher for more, even get him/her to make some up for you if necessary.

I wish you the best of luck! :)

LilMelski

HSC
ok... news update... the tally is up to 2! yes 2 teachers have flogged me! *sighz* should i jus give up n do what i can???
im gettingg soooo sick of it...

tennille

HSC
Would you be able to be more specific about what you don't understand? Do you have any example titration calculations that you don't understand at all? That way, we try an sort it out here. :)

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
LilMelski said:
ok... news update... the tally is up to 2! yes 2 teachers have flogged me! *sighz* should i jus give up n do what i can???
im gettingg soooo sick of it...
lol.... Giving up should not be part of ur vocab :) ESPECIALLY when its in reference to ur HSC! :O

Yeh as Tennille said, give us some examples of something u need help with and we'll see how we can help you out :thumbs up:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)