Titration prac (1 Viewer)

study1234

HSC
My upcoming assessment is on the titration prac. What kind of tasks and questions could I be asked?

Hoskiies

HSC
They usually ask questions in terms of the equivalence point and might require you to draw graphs to show the point where the amount of base moles= amount of acid moles. Make sure you know the equipment, method and risk assessment, and how to calculate the concentration of any substance.
They might even ask you about whether the salt is neutral/basic/acidic, end point, equivalence point, what indicator to use.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
They can ask you a lot of things such as 'why' they do something a certain way such as 'why do you clean the conicle flask with only water?' or 'why do you rinse the burette with both water and the solution it will hold?' etc.
They can also ask you to calculate the concentration of acid/base (usually) of the analyte (they will probably ask you this).
They can give you a sample method and ask you where the error is.
They can ask you about how a method can be improved (validity, reliability and accuracy).
They can ask you to identify the equivalence point of a reaction (note: I used equivalence point, not end point).

There's a lot they can ask you on, you just need to understand all the ideas of titration, know the method in depth and be able to apply it to any situation.

study1234

HSC
How would you improve the method in terms of validity, reliability and accuracy? I'm not really sure what that means.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)