to all the new italian students... (1 Viewer)

s2ophie

HSC
Yay! a new italian student! Benevenuto a questo forum. Most of us here are continuers so i don't know what the beginners paper was like but if you have any questions or just want to chat in italian, post away!

And have an absolutely fabulous time in italy! where in italiy are you going?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yey!! finally!! make sure you keep coming back! we had a great time in this forum last year. hang on, wow, this year i mean.

when you are in italy take in everything, and talk / listen and learn as much as you can! have a great time!

s2ophie

HSC
oh and when you're in italy buy me some kinder maxis. we ate so many over there, even thought hey are not even italian but they are soo yum and i want some now!

s2ophie

HSC
um it might be? i just have a feeling that i was told it wasn't. i'll have to find out

caramelheaven

serial coconut.
HSC
heya!

im goin on exchange stayin for like 2weeks or sumfin in a place called poggibonsi in tuscany, near florence? and then i also go to pompeii, rome, venice, islands of murano and burano, florence etc... cool! my skool is called insituto tecnico roncalli.
Yeh im only a beginner @ italian, ive done french since i was in yr 5 tho but im not doin it for the hsc (i have no idea why i dropped it) but i'll take it up again after hsc.
While im there if i get the chance i will like post some stuff here..
neways, laters xoxo

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
omg, have the best time!!!!!! you will!!! remember every minute!! yeah, post if you can, it will be great to hear how you are going!

destin2b

Ciao io sono un studente italiano per l'anno 2004. Posso chiere aiuto con il congiuntivo? Non sono sicura che capisco tutto!
Grazie mila!

s2ophie

HSC
aha! my advertising in the prelim forum pays off again!

hey Destin2b! I'll try and dig up some notes to help you in the next few days or so.

benvenuto!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yey!
ciao!! bienvenuti!

congiuntivo... what's that in english? i don't know them in italian!

spero che possiamo [<-- should be subjunctive] aiutarti!

suz

HSC
Hey I did beginners and ended up gatting 95
It is a heaps good course. Year Eleven is not too difficult and there is a lot of practicals like role plays. Year twelve is considerably harder in the sense that there is a lot of "new" grammar to learn just before the HSC. Other than that if you stay on top of your work and are continually revising and exposing yourself to the language you will be fine...
BEST OF LUCK TO ALL!

suz

HSC
Oh yeah forgot to add the HSC wasn't too bad. Listening was a bit challenging, plus we had a crap tape recorder too, the writing tasks are similar year to year so you can kind of prepare, reading and responding wasn't too bad and is a good section to try to get extra marks, just write everything you see down! Speaking was okay too but to get good marks you need to stick to the situations word for word. If you have friends doing contiuners try to learn a few "smart" words or phrases off them to throw in and impress the marker lol I better stop rambling but it is important to do past papers, esp. for writing tasks I did greek as well, so for the HSC I did past papers from 1995- 2002 and it really helped

basil

HSC
i am in yr 12 and am doing beginners; any advice for me?

suz

HSC
Treat it like maths, DON'T BLUDGE!. It's important you devote equal time to all the different areas, don't neglect listening as I did! Do you have specific questions???
I know you have probably heard this but if you do your homework, read a little each night and maybe talk to yourself in Italian (ask yourself typical HSC style questions) you should be fine. As it comes closer to the exam past papers are important, esp. listening. Perhaps look at the standard package to learn some "intelligent" expressions. If you have specific questions I'll be glad to answer (I love the subject)
Good luck...

basil

HSC
no I don't have any specific questions at the moment; but I guess i just don't feel too confident, I have a terrible teacher and i just do it because Ive done french

basil

HSC
yeah madde i'll be sure to buy you lots of presents

suz

HSC
No probz whenever you need help.....
If you have knowledge of french that is to your advantage
Confidence will only improve through practice, e.g. speaking
I lacked confidence initially but then I found a speaking buddy
Maybe try and use more than one textbook for variety and if your teacher is really bad you could always go for a tutor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)